Jaguars HC Search (Who knew we’d be back so quick)

.Buzz

5 minutes ago, MightyRx said:

I'm not into next season yet.
I'd like to see what Trevor looks like these next 4 games without all this nonsense going on

Im hoping for 4-0. Could care less about draft position with our QB in place.

Think it’ll still be rough based on talent, but I expect a more upbeat team.

Leftwich is possible if for no other reason than Shad might just swing the exact opposite way and bring in a home town guy to give fans some interest. Can’t imagine we bring him in because he’s the best option, it’ll be because his presence excites some franchise nostalgia.

8 minutes ago, pwny said:

Leftwich is possible if for no other reason than Shad might just swing the exact opposite way and bring in a home town guy to give fans some interest. Can’t imagine we bring him in because he’s the best option, it’ll be because his presence excites some franchise nostalgia.

I mean I think he’s a fairly hot name on the coaching cycle. Agree that there’d be a lot of the latter pushing it, but I think there’s a good chance he gets a job unless he wants the perfect setup prior to leaving TB.

Put me down for Leftwich, Caldwell, or Brady. I also wouldn’t mind Caldwell getting a shot at the GM spot either since he is up in age. Only hesitation on Brady is he’s the OC for the Colts. Wouldn’t mind Moore either but I think he’s in Jerry’s trust somewhere I don’t see him being pried away.

Edited by DuvalsKing

19 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I mean I think he’s a fairly hot name on the coaching cycle. Agree that there’d be a lot of the latter pushing it, but I think there’s a good chance he gets a job unless he wants the perfect setup prior to leaving TB.

Yeha, he is a fairly hot name, and I hope he gets a shot and knocks it out of the park.

My concern is more about us as a franchise than any specific coach. Shad has shown a tendency to get it stuck in his head that he wants something and then ignores everything that should tell him that he shouldn’t. Every coach we interview is going to have flaws, and concerns attached to them. The key is assessing those flaws and choosing the best option among them. If Shad gets himself on the track that “Lefty good because Lefty hometown guy,” he’s gonna ignore anything that suggests that it won’t work, just like he ignored everything he was told about Meyer, and everything about Coughlin, and how his obsession with franchise stability over everything else has caused him to hold onto guys far too long.

Unless I was convinced myself that Leftwich is head and shoulders above every single other coaching option out there and that no one is in the same tier as him, I’m out on wanting him because I know it’s far more likely that Shad will pick a far worse option because of the emotional response than he would pick a guy with an emotional response because its the right guy.

This is our only chance to get this right. We have 4 years until Trevor gets a big shiny new contract, and based on past history it is simply not possible to win a Super Bowl with a Quarterback unless you get one on that rookie contract. We have to get this one perfectly right, and I don’t want Shad’s propensity for stupid decisions because of his obsession with a set idea to cloud the possibility we get the right guy.

• Like 2

I was down on Lambo how his time ended in Jax. He lost went out on a pretty maligned note.. but boy did he comeback and save the day for Jaguar fans he should be on a lot fans gift list this year. He’s essentially this years Frank Gore and Darnold.. Lambo is still clutch. 😂

• Like 1

Am I crazy for wanting Caldwell more than anyone else?

He just seems like the perfect fit for this team and the complete anti-Urban. Offensive mind with a great reputation league wide. 

Its not a big splash or hiring the sexy young mind, but man do we need to hit on this next hire. Don’t see how that doesn’t work out in some capacity.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I've now heard the name of Mike Tomlin mentioned a couple of times in different videos.  Even though he is a defensive-minded coach, he would be my absolute dream candidate.  He is the opposite of Urban in every way.  He is all about character, professionalism, and doing things the right way.  I'd even be willing to give up a draft pick or two to get him from the Steelers, but that may not be necessary, as his run in Pittsburgh has been a long one, and it may be time for them to move on anyway for that reason alone.  They may decide to start with a young, offensive-minded head coach themselves to groom whoever they get to replace Ben Roethlisberger. 

With Tomlin's experience and resume' he probably wouldn't have any trouble bringing in good coordinators and position coaches as well.

Tomlin won't leave Pittsburgh.  I wouldn't trade for a coach

59 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

Put me down for Leftwich, Caldwell, or Brady. I also wouldn’t mind Caldwell getting a shot at the GM spot either since he is up in age. Only hesitation on Brady is he’s the OC for the Colts. Wouldn’t mind Moore either but I think he’s in Jerry’s trust somewhere I don’t see him being pried away.

Tom Brady? because you can't mean Joe Brady. Joe Brady had Joe Burrow, Clyde Edwards-Herraire, Ja'Marr Chase, Justin Jefferson, and Terrance Marshall. That is arguably the best offense in the NFL today. I could be an elite offensive coordinator with those types of pieces. He went to Carolina and wasn't good. He probably didn't deserve to get fired, but there is no way that he has the credentials to be an NFL HC. 

• Like 1