Jaguars HC Search (Who knew we’d be back so quick)

.Buzz

On 12/17/2021 at 2:18 PM, .Buzz said:

I know it’s been kind of a running joke but man would I love if Shad wrote a blank check to Dungy to help run this GM/HC search and take this organization through the next 3-5 months after the season. Just bring in a respected NFL mind to help.

I don’t want to see Shad do it all, nor do I want to see us hire Korn Ferry.

Welp 🤷‍♂️

So does every other hot shot OC worry anyone? Like Kellen Moore, Bieniemy, etc.? Does McDaniels with his situation back in Denver give anyone pause?

Idk, think pretty much everyone has blemishes and risks. Still pro Jim Caldwell but even he has the whole age (67) and health issues side of things.

On 12/20/2021 at 7:44 PM, .Buzz said:

So does every other hot shot OC worry anyone? Like Kellen Moore, Bieniemy, etc.? Does McDaniels with his situation back in Denver give anyone pause?

Idk, think pretty much everyone has blemishes and risks. Still pro Jim Caldwell but even he has the whole age (67) and health issues side of things.

Aside from my concerns about hiring Leftwich, which are much more about my perception of how Shad would do things than about Byron specifically, I’m mostly concerned with the guys who have grating egos or scandals in their past. I don’t want our next coach to be a pushover, but it’s clear we need someone leading the organization who is closer to the person Urban pretended to be than who he, Coughlin and Dave were. I want a guy who can be the focus of attention and not let it get to his head. I want a omeone who is willing to push players and coaches to be their best, challenge them, but not be one’s to step over lines.

I want the claimed “Own It” Urban, with a guy who operates on a daily basis in a way that players will run through walls for him, like players felt about Gus.

Byron seemingly checks all of those boxes. Pederson as well. Brady & Moore too. I don’t know if you can take the risk with Bienamy or McDaniels after what we saw with the last two major hires.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Chops013 said:

Frazier and no Daboll (at least yet) makes me think we’re going to end up with a former HC. Happy to see Caldwell is getting interviews and pending health he still is one of my favorite options.