Jaguars HC Search (Who knew we’d be back so quick)

.Buzz

11 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Seriously though, the reason I was thinking that Tomlin might be a possibility is because he has been in Pittsburgh for a long time, and unlike Belichick's teams, Pittsburgh hasn't been very good for a while.  I was thinking maybe his run may be coming to an end there.

Tomlin has never had a losing record and was 12-4 literally last year haha

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I've now heard the name of Mike Tomlin mentioned a couple of times in different videos.  Even though he is a defensive-minded coach, he would be my absolute dream candidate.  He is the opposite of Urban in every way.  He is all about character, professionalism, and doing things the right way.  I'd even be willing to give up a draft pick or two to get him from the Steelers, but that may not be necessary, as his run in Pittsburgh has been a long one, and it may be time for them to move on anyway for that reason alone.  They may decide to start with a young, offensive-minded head coach themselves to groom whoever they get to replace Ben Roethlisberger. 

With Tomlin's experience and resume' he probably wouldn't have any trouble bringing in good coordinators and position coaches as well.

🤮🤮🤮 He's not high-character. That's a league trope. I still remember him cheating to block that return. He's smug as hell too. Just watch him without Ben. I'd look more into the defensive coordinator Keith Butler. Go take a lap, Buck. The Jags deserve better.

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

Here's a few more names that probably could use a look.

Nathaniel Hackett(packers OC)

Patrick Graham(giants DC)

Mike McDaniels (49ers oc) 

Mike Eberfleus(colts DC)

Joe Woods(browns DC)

Jerrod Mayo(pats LB coach)

And if u want me to throw in a CEO coach I'll go Marvin Lewis.  

He's all yours.

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

Tom Brady? because you can't mean Joe Brady. Joe Brady had Joe Burrow, Clyde Edwards-Herraire, Ja'Marr Chase, Justin Jefferson, and Terrance Marshall. That is arguably the best offense in the NFL today. I could be an elite offensive coordinator with those types of pieces. He went to Carolina and wasn't good. He probably didn't deserve to get fired, but there is no way that he has the credentials to be an NFL HC. 

Marcus Brady. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

As you said, maybe he could have gotten over the hump if he had a decent QB.  The lack of a good QB has derailed a lot of coaching careers.  Good ones are hard to find, but fortunately we have that taken care of.

The problem for them was Dalton was good enough to get to the playoffs but not good enough to win in the playoffs.  Problem was basically stuck in QB no man's land.  Too late picking in the draft for a QB but not winning games in the playoffs

• Like 1