Jaguars HC Search (Who knew we’d be back so quick)

.Buzz

2 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Probably not much.  I'm pretty sure it was taken from a list made by some Chicago area writers who were just spitballing with a ton of possible prospects for the job.  I don't think there is much to back up their speculation.

Yeah I don't see how it would be plausible for them...

Sean Payton is well paid and in a great situation. He would be going to a worse team that has to give up players or picks to land him, further compounding the talent discrepancy issue.

The writers seemed to have convinced themselves Payton might want to return home, despite his "2nd home" being in Dallas when he had one, not in Illinois.

Total pipe dream.

They can have Pete Carmichael though.

• Like 2

Shad apparently was really impressed by Eberflus per Dilla. Obviously you’d assume so if he’s the only reported candidate to make it to round 2 (would imagine the others are coaching in the playoffs since no one else has been reported), but seems like he actually has a good shot.

Reportedly a super bright mind, but the development and plan for Trevor is so vital. Gotta imagine he has a well constructed plan if he’s hired for the offensive staff.

45 minutes ago, pwny said:

I don’t see the point in a lot of the things this team does.

Considering how slow Shad has been in this process, I’d be surprised.

No one else has hired anyone and it seems like it’s only the Bears at this point as far as competition for Leftwich and potentially Eberflus as well.

Several teams haven’t even hired a GM/are mostly in on candidates that aren’t even part of our pool like Houston with Mayo/Flores too.

19 minutes ago, Chops013 said:

I’d be shocked if it isn’t Leftwich/Baalke (with the option to can Baalke after the draft) at this point.

I feel similar but Twitter is a bit of an echo chamber. Seems like Dilla heard that and now everyone is jumping on that. Doesn’t seem like anyone else has got to this point as far as “the favorite” yet.

At this point outside of Caldwell that’s probably my most preferred route (minus Baalke of course, but seems like that may be a pipe dream).