Raiders S Johnathan Abram out for season with shoulder injury

RaidersAreOne

I've been very critical of Abram over the last couple years but with the arrival of Gus Bradley and Abram playing a more natural role for him he's actually played pretty well this year and very much seemed to grow up, mature and knuckle down. This is a shame, maybe Gillespie will see some snaps now as his replacement?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I've been very critical of Abram over the last couple years but with the arrival of Gus Bradley and Abram playing a more natural role for him he's actually played pretty well this year and very much seemed to grow up, mature and knuckle down. This is a shame, maybe Gillespie will see some snaps now as his replacement?

I think Gillespie is on IR

Johnathan Abram is too reckless and not good enough in coverage to be a safety, but in run support more as a LB he was good like he was against the Browns. Raiders have that sort of guy in Deablo now on a rookie deal, so I don't know if Abram is kinda messed over contract and roster spot wise going forward. He isn't worthy for the 5th year option, because the team identified his role a bit late and then injuries have stolen ~half of his potential games. He should show enough to get the Keanu Neal type shot on one of the many Seattle 4-3 Under cover three teams looking for a S/LB hybrid to play OLB (or with the Raiders if he resigns much less than a 5th year would cost).

Edited by Trojan
  • Like 1