LA Rams: General Thread

MDY10

1 hour ago, MDY10 said:

I get the feeling that with Lamar having such success that they saw there was a chance he could be a similar player. He isn’t Lamar, but the dude is a weapon with the ball in his hands. Problem is he never seems very comfortable throwing the ball. Maybe they just hoped they could progress him enough. 

Even if this is true, we never intended to use him that way. Perkins could have had plenty of looks in a Taysom Hill role. I wouldn't even hate them to try it in short yardage/4 minute offense situations. It's better than just having Cam/Hendo run into the guards. 

The 53 man roster is important and just throwing away spots on guys that do nothing to help the team on gamedays is bizarre. If they are practice players, they belong on the practice squad.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

Even if this is true, we never intended to use him that way. Perkins could have had plenty of looks in a Taysom Hill role. I wouldn't even hate them to try it in short yardage/4 minute offense situations. It's better than just having Cam/Hendo run into the guards. 

The 53 man roster is important and just throwing away spots on guys that do nothing to help the team on gamedays is bizarre. If they are practice players, they belong on the practice squad.

Nah I agree for sure, I just see more and more teams being infatuated with speed at the QB position. On the plus side, they got to see what he could do now. 

19 hours ago, MDY10 said:

Nah I agree for sure, I just see more and more teams being infatuated with speed at the QB position. On the plus side, they got to see what he could do now. 

Not saying it is absolutely the case, but I can see where the thought might have crossed the staff's mind to hold on to Perkins, as long as it wasn't a massive inconvenience, because he made a solid approximation on the scout team of 2-3 of the QB's of the other teams in the division (basing off of the Geno we'd seen coming into this season, along with Kyler and Trey Lance).

5 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

Not saying it is absolutely the case, but I can see where the thought might have crossed the staff's mind to hold on to Perkins, as long as it wasn't a massive inconvenience, because he made a solid approximation on the scout team of 2-3 of the QB's of the other teams in the division (basing off of the Geno we'd seen coming into this season, along with Kyler and Trey Lance).

Exactly how I see it. Could be wrong but if the dude could make the throws he would be LETHAL lol it’s fun watching him run. 

If i'm Baker Mayfield, i will think about beeing a backup next year with the Rams, accumulate some knowledge and experience from Stafford and Mcvay. And maybe aim to be a starter when Stafford will hang up. 

I think it will be another disapointment if somehow, he's a starter for a bad team and bad coaching. 

Or maybe chase the money and be back as a Rams when Stafford hang up.  

• Like 3

On 12/11/2022 at 3:30 PM, Flounch said:

If i'm Baker Mayfield, i will think about beeing a backup next year with the Rams, accumulate some knowledge and experience from Stafford and Mcvay. And maybe aim to be a starter when Stafford will hang up. 

I think it will be another disapointment if somehow, he's a starter for a bad team and bad coaching. 

Or maybe chase the money and be back as a Rams when Stafford hang up.  

He's not coming back. We can't afford $6-$10Mil for a backup QB.

He was brought in for the comp pick. He get's a chance to redeem himself over 5 games, we get back a 5th or so when he signs with the Texans to compete with their 1st overall pick for 6 weeks. Everyone wins.