LA Rams: General Thread

MDY10

48 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

The Rams got what they deserved for not grabbing a capable back-up QB knowing Stafford's injury history. No clue what's going on with Bennett, but if we knew he wasn't returning this season, Rypien should not have been the backup.

When you make these types of decisions, it's why people question whether or not the Rams are tanking. I would not be surprised if Stafford doesn't come back the rest of the season and we move forward with another backup to give the impression we're not tanking when we really are. Top 5 pick is a real possibility if Stafford sits.

Sitting at 3-6 the Rams would have to go 7-1 or get lucky with 6-2 the rest of the way to squeak out a WC in the NFC. Commanders/Cowboys/Falcons all appear better suited to take those spots from us.

Sad day. 

They did grab a qb but Bennett is going through what ever he is.

2 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

and they've known this since Week 1 and never bothered to bring in another QB. (Wolford rejected them). 

So they have Rypien and no one. They did nothing. 

We're acting like there were other options. We're acting like there's cap room for those options.

We all knew this was a reset year for the cap. We all knew this. It sucks its the reality of how they built a super bowl winner. It wasn't a sustainable long term model a reset had to happen. Then the Rams went out and played well in a couple games and threw expectations away for fans.

It is what we have to live with, enjoy 2023 as much as you can or tune out. The Rams will be back to building towards the next Lombardi in a few months.

5 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

The Rams got what they deserved for not grabbing a capable back-up QB knowing Stafford's injury history. No clue what's going on with Bennett, but if we knew he wasn't returning this season, Rypien should not have been the backup.

When you make these types of decisions, it's why people question whether or not the Rams are tanking. I would not be surprised if Stafford doesn't come back the rest of the season and we move forward with another backup to give the impression we're not tanking when we really are. Top 5 pick is a real possibility if Stafford sits.

Sitting at 3-6 the Rams would have to go 7-1 or get lucky with 6-2 the rest of the way to squeak out a WC in the NFC. Commanders/Cowboys/Falcons all appear better suited to take those spots from us.

Sad day. 

If Stafford don't comeback for the rest of the season, then i would be all in to draft a QB with our 1st pick next year. 

The guy is beat up at this point and couldn't be healthy 2 season in a row. 

It's not entirely his fault as the Rams didn't want to invest much in OL after the superbowl but we can't have another season where the backup QB is very bad. 

16 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

We're acting like there were other options. We're acting like there's cap room for those options.

If you tell me that we can't find a superior backup QB than Rypien in the FA market, then i think it's a lie. 

I would think backup QB would be willing to play for peanuts for our team right now. 

19 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

We all knew this was a reset year for the cap. We all knew this. It sucks its the reality of how they built a super bowl winner. It wasn't a sustainable long term model a reset had to happen. Then the Rams went out and played well in a couple games and threw expectations away for fans.

It is what we have to live with, enjoy 2023 as much as you can or tune out. The Rams will be back to building towards the next Lombardi in a few months.

There are still options that would fit under the cap that are better than Brett Rypien. 

The Rams were the biggest boom or bust team in the NFL (IMO) and they showed why. When its good, theyre a playoff team. When the injuries happen (specifically to Stafford), it's a bottom 5 team.

I'm very excited for this offseason considering we get our 1RP back and we knocked the last draft out of the park. 

3 hours ago, RamPackFan said:

We finally got @jrry32’s guy, Carson Wentz! ;) 

I remember he wanted him badly! ;) 

Hopefully he can salvage some wins 

Should have brought him in before they forced us to suffer through Rypien. But better late than never. Hopefully, this doesn't mean Stafford is hurt worse than we thought.

• Like 1

Wentz is finally a Ram lol. I know many thought the Rams shouldve drafted him instead of Goff but thats water way under the bridge. Ill just say that if McVay can get the best out of Baker he can certainly do the same for Wentz in a better situation this season than Baker was in last season. So I like the move. I also hope the Rams learn their lesson. If Wentz shows he can get the job done the Rams must sign him to be the backup especially with the uncertainty of Bennett. And even without the uncertainty Bennett is still a rookie and one a team that could load up next season to win now AGAIN they need a vet if Stafford goes down again. Ala Wentz having Foles to back him up in Philly and Foles led the Eagles to a Superbowl title. 

But we shall see how Wentz will look with McVay in this offense and Im excited but hopefully Stafford is healthy enough to play next Sunday. If not at least Wentz have plenty of time to get familiar with the team and playbook from here on till next Sunday at home against the Seahawks in a big game. Rams must win to keep any type of 7th seed hope alive. 

19 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Should have brought him in before they forced us to suffer through Rypien. But better late than never. Hopefully, this doesn't mean Stafford is hurt worse than we thought.

He definitely has more potential to get the ball down field than Rypien lol.

I’m curious to know who your favorites are for the upcoming draft as far as QB @jrry32

• Like 1

On 11/6/2023 at 11:50 AM, Flounch said:

If you tell me that we can't find a superior backup QB than Rypien in the FA market, then i think it's a lie. 

I would think backup QB would be willing to play for peanuts for our team right now. 

You can't tell me who's better though it seems. I never called Rypien good, but who that was available was any good? 

On 11/7/2023 at 7:04 AM, BStanRamFan said:

There are still options that would fit under the cap that are better than Brett Rypien. 

The Rams were the biggest boom or bust team in the NFL (IMO) and they showed why. When its good, theyre a playoff team. When the injuries happen (specifically to Stafford), it's a bottom 5 team.

I'm very excited for this offseason considering we get our 1RP back and we knocked the last draft out of the park. 

Again no names just dump on the Rams and Rypien, who I've never once backed at all. 

• 4 weeks later...