Game #16 - Sun, Jan 2 @ Cincinnati

onejayhawk

5 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Offense scored 31, that should have been enough honestly. That wins you most games. They shouldve scored more in the second half, but they still put up 31 and needed ref help to lose it.

Cover zero all out blitz on 3rd and 27 is pretty bush league though man, especially at that time and place. No respect for what Burrow and Chase had done to you all game. Guys have been fired for calling almost that exact play lol. Hard to feel bad for us losing to the refs if you do dumb stuff like that:

I get it.   Didn’t see anyone clamoring for anyone to be fired when our offense was struggling mid season and our defense was winning games, is all I’m saying.       The one time the defense needed the offense to cover a bad game, they didn’t.  I guess we do live in a spur of the moment world though.

And yeah it was a bad call,  he had a bad game.   He’s done a great job this year, Don’t see the need to call for his job because of one game.   

Edited by RedGold

17 hours ago, RedGold said:

Most of those were just Chase making plays at the catch point though.   I’d probably agree if Chase was just torching us down field, but Ward was right in his hip pocket, playing trail.. and Chase was just outplaying Ward at the catch point. 

I'm not surprised. Everybody thinks Ward is the greatest thing since sliced bread. This lesson wasn't learned and it took Chase to teach it. The fact that it took 266yds and 3TD's and probably still didn't learn a thing about Ward is on "everybody".

Edited by mayanfootball

6 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

I'm not surprised. Everybody thinks Ward is the greatest thing since sliced bread. This lesson wasn't learned and it took Chase to teach it. The fact that it took 300+yds and 3TD's and probably still didn't learn a thing about Ward is on "everybody".

90% of your posts are talking crap on Ward.  I don't think people think he's the best thing since sliced bread,  just better than you make him out to be.  If anything Ward was the only DB that made it difficult on Chase.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

Yeah, 266yds and 3TD's. Ward was really hard on Chase.

Name me another CB who allowed Chase such a Gold Medal day. Chase is really good, but Ward makes him better.

1 TD was on Ward on an excellent grab in the endzone.    The bombs to Chase were on a pitiful display of tackling by our interior DB's., and Sorensen completely blowing his coverage.         Chase is VERY good,   Ward was the only one who was even close to stopping him one on one.    Yeah,  maybe single coverage wasn't the right choice,  but Ward was the only one staying near him.   

141 Yards + 2 TD's had nothing to do with Ward.  and that's only 2 easy plays that I know Ward had no coverage assignment on him.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RedGold said:

I get it.   Didn’t see anyone clamoring for anyone to be fired when our offense was struggling mid season and our defense was winning games, is all I’m saying.       The one time the defense needed the offense to cover a bad game, they didn’t.  I guess we do live in a spur of the moment world though.

And yeah it was a bad call,  he had a bad game.   He’s done a great job this year, Don’t see the need to call for his job because of one game.   

i mean again the offense scored 31, that should have won us the game. They Didnt give Mahomes a chance to get the ball back for one more drive(only had 3 the whole 2nd half) i honestly  think we couldve scored a TD with 50 seconds left.

well how about Dirty Dan in deep coverage one on one with Jamarr Chase? Or the constant blitzing even though Burrow is statistically great against the blitz? Its very alarming he didnt adjust at all, even the Buccs adjusted when Tyreek went ham on them last year. Thats an issue, all il gonna say. Seems hes got a style, and if youre talented enough you can exploit it.

1 minute ago, Chiefer said:

i mean again the offense scored 31, that should have won us the game. They Didnt give Mahomes a chance to get the ball back for one more drive(only had 3 the whole 2nd half) i honestly  think we couldve scored a TD with 50 seconds left.

well how about Dirty Dan in deep coverage one on one with Jamarr Chase? Or the constant blitzing even though Burrow is statistically great against the blitz? Its very alarming he didnt adjust at all, even the Buccs adjusted when Tyreek went ham on them last year. Thats an issue, all il gonna say. Seems hes got a style, and if youre talented enough you can exploit it.

Yeah 31 should have won it.    I'm not  trying to defend the defense playing poorly,   they did.   I was just saying,   the defense carried the offense for a majority of this season.    And now that they had a bad game,  we're calling for Spags head.     To me,   that just screams everyone was just waiting for the Spags to have an off game.   The defense saved the offense plenty mid-season...  This was a game the defense needed the offense to go ham and save them from an off game. 

Oddly enough,  he did adjust.   You may not agree with the adjustment,  but he did adjust to having Ward follow Chase.  I have 0 ability to argue about the blitzes lol,  I said that is the one thing I completely agree about.   But the complete blown coverages and easy completions stopped once Ward started following him,    I would say Spags did the biggest discredit to Ward,    as Ward had great coverage.. and Chase was still ballin.    

There’sa ton of blame to go around on this game.  Offense played bad in the second half.  Dropped passes including what should have been a gimmie for Tyreek, but maybe that was first half I don’t know.  
Refs, this was a makeshift team and I feel like it showed.  At best you barely notice the refs, here they certainly impacted the game.

All that being said, cannot let someone have 266 and 3TDs.  We needed to adapt sooner and failed.  We tackled poorly early, Sorenson was again what we know him to be, we couldn’t get off the field and when we got a hold Burrow and Chase were just better than we had an ever for.  On 3/27 we ran a zero blitz, Ward has great coverage actually got his hand on the ball but again Chase was something incredible…imagine if we’d have rolled a safety over to that side…that play is 100 percent on Spags.

Crappy game at the worst time, we just need to kick the tar out of Denver next week and hope for a miracle.

3 hours ago, RedGold said:

But the complete blown coverages and easy completions stopped once Ward started following him,    I would say Spags did the biggest discredit to Ward,    as Ward had great coverage.. and Chase was still ballin.    

Not hardly. Ward wasn't turned around to find the football. Once he did turn around (out of sync with Chase), it was an easy completion for Chase (on the sideline) to go out of bounds. Yes Chase was "still ballin", but not Ward.

Just now, mayanfootball said:

Not hardly. Ward wasn't turned around to find the football. Once he did turn around (out of sync with Chase), it was an easy completion for Chase (on the sideline) to go out of bounds. Yes Chase was "still ballin", but not Ward.

Meme Reaction GIF