Week 17: VIKINGS (7-8) at Packers (12-3)

swede700

Vikings HCs since 2000 (Tice, ex-Coachilly, Frazier, Zimmer) have a W-L % of 51%

Assuming a loss tonight, Zimmers' W-L % is 56.3%.

Assuming a loss vs Chicago next week, it will drop to 56%, but a win raises it to 56.6%.

Vikings HCs since 2000 excluding Zimmer have a W-L record of 48% (92/192).

What is the underlying problem?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Minnesota_Vikings_head_coaches

10 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Then you might as well fire Zimmer after this game. They will try and let Zimmer get one last win.

If Zimmer was returning I would 100% agree with this. 

I would tell Zimmer he will not be coaching this team next season, and ask him to announce his retirement, and allow him to coach the last game, paying him for the entire season, IF he will cooperate and play several of our young players in it.  That way, we can get in on the conversations with the best choices for new coaching hires before they are committed to other teams, and get a little look at some of our young players in regular season game conditions, and still not offend or dishonour Zimmer by making him step down during the season.

Edited by Robb_K

15 minutes ago, Purplexing said:

Vikings HCs since 2000 (Tice, ex-Coachilly, Frazier, Zimmer) have a W-L % of 51%

Assuming a loss tonight, Zimmers' W-L % is 56.3%.

Assuming a loss vs Chicago next week, it will drop to 56%, but a win raises it to 56.6%.

Vikings HCs since 2000 excluding Zimmer have a W-L record of 48% (92/192).

What is the underlying problem?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Minnesota_Vikings_head_coaches

Roster construction, and allocation of resources.

16 minutes ago, Robb_K said:

Putting Mannion back in is a nasty insult to Mond and people interested in this team's future.

Well, I can't say much about that...it may be an insult to Mond, but I'm not sure the people interested in the team's future really care one way or the other.  Him not seeing that guy potentially crossing right into his path to pick off the ball shows just how far he has to go.