BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washington-commanders/terry-mclaurin-29112/

Terry McLaurin signed a 3 year, $70,000,000 contract with the Washington Commanders, including a $28,000,000 signing bonus, $53,154,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $23,333,333. In 2022, McLaurin will earn a base salary of $2,790,000, while carrying a cap hit of $3,040,805.

Can someone clarify for me, if I'm not mistaken, I have two options:

- 3-up next offseason, which means I'd be working with the 3/70 figure

- 100% extension, which I'd like some clarity on:
If I did it now or during preseason, for example, would it be 3/70 + 1/2.79 for 4/72.79? Or 3/70 + his current salary with me 1/3.5 for 4/73.5?

If I waited until after the season, but before we hit free agency, would it then just be dealing with the 3/70?

7 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

If I did it now or during preseason, for example, would it be 3/70 + 1/2.79 for 4/72.79? Or 3/70 + his current salary with me 1/3.5 for 4/73.5?

If I waited until after the season, but before we hit free agency, would it then just be dealing with the 3/70?

With him being on a one year deal. You're only option will be a three up, if my recollection serves me correctly 

15 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

With him being on a one year deal. You're only option will be a three up, if my recollection serves me correctly 

Pretty sure his only option is three up as well due to his cap space and a loop hole. Because it will become the Spotrac average per year as the 100% for all four years including this one which if the four years combined would actually discount the other 3. 

25 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Since 100% extensions can not lower a salary from what it already is it would be the 4/73.5 I would think. Problem is though we base it all off Spotrac so that is going to significantly lower his per year the rest of the years and that would not in reality be a 100% extension. It’s a good question I am interested in the answer. 

1 hour ago, Scoundrel said:

Since 100% extensions can not lower a salary from what it already is it would be the 4/73.5 I would think. Problem is though we base it all off Spotrac so that is going to significantly lower his per year the rest of the years and that would not in reality be a 100% extension. It’s a good question I am interested in the answer. 

I mean the ultimate answer is the dude is locked from a non three up so can't really do anything til after season anyhow which would by default be a three up 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

I mean the ultimate answer is the dude is locked from a non three up so can't really do anything til after season anyhow which would by default be a three up 

This is the key part. What would be the solution if he were not locked with the contract? Would it be the 4/73.5?