BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

8 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washington-commanders/terry-mclaurin-29112/

Can someone clarify for me, if I'm not mistaken, I have two options:

- 3-up next offseason, which means I'd be working with the 3/70 figure

- 100% extension, which I'd like some clarity on:
If I did it now or during preseason, for example, would it be 3/70 + 1/2.79 for 4/72.79? Or 3/70 + his current salary with me 1/3.5 for 4/73.5?

If I waited until after the season, but before we hit free agency, would it then just be dealing with the 3/70?

It would never be based on the 3/70 figure. It will always be based on the average annual value per Spotrac. So you're not really losing anything from not 3 Upping him or 100% extending him now, as far as I can tell. Apart from having to use a 3 Up on him next offseason, obviously.

4 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

This is the key part. What would be the solution if he were not locked with the contract? Would it be the 4/73.5?

A 3 Up would be 4 years at 75% of $23,333 per year. So 4 years/$69,999 ($17,500 per year).

At 100%, it would be 4 years at $23,333 per year, 4 years/$$93,332 total.

• Like 1

Back from the beach to find a septic pump failure due to a tripped breaker. (Insert crappy way to come home dad joke here) Got that cleaned up and put in a new breaker. 99% sure the breaker itself was bad, because plugging it into another outlet made the pump run without tripping it again. If a $7 fix and 3 hours is the worst of this then it could be worse.

• Like 4