BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

My BDL mentality differs from RL in that I value contribution from day one more significantly more then RL where you can control variables. I can very well see Sewell having a good PFF grade which I probably wouldn’t care for with more control from a true NFL standpoint. From a BDL standpoint; that context is way more important bc we lack control from that aspect.

I think he’s plug and play and would give a BDL team an instant enforcer in the middle of their second level. The pedigree which you mentioned is also there. 

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

I think he’s plug and play and would give a BDL team an instant enforcer in the middle of their second level. The pedigree which you mentioned is also there. 

The thing is PFF grade impact so much of performance (not quite as team performance). The only reservation is guys like Sewell might (unlikely but possible) be Zaven Collins year one. 

sidenote: Even a guy end up being very good within his rookie contract (hi Hassan Reddick), when it takes 3 years to become good no matter what you lose that time of potential and profitability of rookie contract production.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

The thing is PFF grade impact so much of performance (not quite as team performance). The only reservation is guys like Sewell might (unlikely but possible) be Zaven Collins year one. 

sidenote: Even a guy end up being very good within his rookie contract (hi Hassan Reddick), when it takes 3 years to become good no matter what you lose that time of potential and profitability of rookie contract production.

Which is why I said he is an instant enforcer. I think he gives you very good production at the position on that rookie contract but yes a lot can depend on landing spot as well. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

Which is why I said he is an instant enforcer. I think he gives you very good production at the position on that rookie contract but yes a lot can depend on landing spot as well. 

We’re on same page. You know Zaven Collins and Travis Etienne had similar grades for our team. We took Etienne bc we felt he had better chance of out producing rookie draft stock. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scoundrel said:

Just talking about this with you makes me regret leaving haha. But I feel that will sting for a while anyway.

If you ever want to come back,  even in a limited compacity.  The suitors will be lining up.   Roster and draft skills speak for themselves 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RedGold said:

If you ever want to come back,  even in a limited compacity.  The suitors will be lining up.   Roster and draft skills speak for themselves 

Appreciate you. You guys have all been wonderful and even when we have our little spats I still respect the hell out of all of you. It’s a family away from family for me and that’s what makes it so hard. I don’t have siblings and I have a very small group of friends. So this league means a lot to me.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Camden isn't far and Pemberton is only like a half hour from me I think. Make the Camden stop quick.

I'll actually be there Tuesday I think. All 3 of the stores I'm going to look small af. I'll be in Camden about 4-5hrs

Edited by wwhickok

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

here we go batman GIF
Watson suspended 6 games. I think Roger will try to push for 8 or 10 to look tough and then that will get denied back to 6.

I think they'll try to claim last year was a suspension as well and take his pay from last year.

Retroactively make it 25 games and 10 mil or so in total.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I think they'll try to claim last year was a suspension as well and take his pay from last year.

Retroactively make it 25 games and 10 mil or so in total.

I agree. I just posted in the News section forum I think monetary since everyone gamed the system with the structure of the contract to avoid this exact game check fine system. 6 games sticks but fine will be heavy.

10 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

Appreciate you. You guys have all been wonderful and even when we have our little spats I still respect the hell out of all of you. It’s a family away from family for me and that’s what makes it so hard. I don’t have siblings and I have a very small group of friends. So this league means a lot to me.

Well maybe not all of us.....