BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

16 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Even when you leave still acquiring first round picks.

Orca did a good job with that trade. I am very high on DeVonta obviously as I drafted him 9th and had him 6th on my BB. My big thing if he was gonna be moved you have to get a player in to replace him at the position as part of the package. So getting Mooney a young default number one receiver for Chicago who I personally really like was a good addition to the package. DeVonta was going to play primarily slot for us next year due to our roster make up. Now DeVonta played only 9.9% of his snaps in the slot last season for Philly where Mooney was just over 32% so a bit more realistic using Mooney there. We will miss DeVonta but I think the trade was fair value. I believe it was SirA’s original offer too no further negotiating? I could be wrong. It also gave us around 2k in cap space where we were very strapped. Also if they all keep performing and stay healthy couldn’t 3up all of Chase, Pitts, Surtain, Parsons and then Smith anyway. 

• Like 1

Tim Patrick down for the year, KJ Hamler stock up.

also, the NFL finding that Stephen Ross did in fact want to lose games, but since Flores and the Fins went on a win streak it doesn't warrant tanking. The intent was there, and for a league that promotes gambling...to have an owner who was actively looking to lose, he needs to be removed.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Tim Patrick down for the year, KJ Hamler stock up.

also, the NFL finding that Stephen Ross did in fact want to lose games, but since Flores and the Fins went on a win streak it doesn't warrant tanking. The intent was there, and for a league that promotes gambling...to have an owner who was actively looking to lose, he needs to be removed.

Yeah sucks for Tim I really like him

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

Orca did a good job with that trade. I am very high on DeVonta obviously as I drafted him 9th and had him 6th on my BB. My big thing if he was gonna be moved you have to get a player in to replace him at the position as part of the package. So getting Mooney a young default number one receiver for Chicago who I personally really like was a good addition to the package. DeVonta was going to play primarily slot for us next year due to our roster make up. Now DeVonta played only 9.9% of his snaps in the slot last season for Philly where Mooney was just over 32% so a bit more realistic using Mooney there. We will miss DeVonta but I think the trade was fair value. I believe it was SirA’s original offer too no further negotiating? I could be wrong. It also gave us around 2k in cap space where we were very strapped. Also if they all keep performing and stay healthy couldn’t 3up all of Chase, Pitts, Surtain, Parsons and then Smith anyway. 

This is correct. From my side I have too many WR that can be considered Slot WR so wanted an outside WR that I see as an upgrade over Mooney. I also wasn't looking forward having to fend off offers for both Mooney and G. Davis next offseason in RFA. Mooney was a waiver claim for me turned ERFA so very little invested. 

I get a cost controlled WR for the next 3 years and option on a 4th. I had already tried to trade Marcus Maye to Scoundrel as a Bates cushion until he caves. I know Orca likes Gators so that sweetened the pot.

As you know I don't care about draft picks.  

• Like 2

Trade Block:

K’Lavon Chaisson LB/Edge
Austin Jackson OL
Amik Robertson CB
Tyler Johnson WR

Looking for an additional slot receiver, Under tackle, LB, Edge and RB. Will trade good picks for the right players. Obviously cap can’t be too high for my team.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Trade Block:

K’Lavon Chaisson LB/Edge
Austin Jackson OL
Amik Robertson CB
Tyler Johnson WR

Looking for an additional slot receiver, Under tackle, LB, Edge and RB. Will trade good picks for the right players. Obviously cap can’t be too high for my team.

I will give you my bust Jerry Tillery for your bust Austin Jackson