BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

As our first ever homegrown 3up this is what we love. This is why we brought you back.

Defensive line coach Marion Hobby believes foes better not rest on Hubbard's ability to pass rush because his presence against the run is well known as Pro Football Focus' 2021 tackling leader against the run among NFL edgers. He hears the word "underrated," rusher and he shrugs.

"I take great pride in the run game. A lot of guys just want to rush the passer," Hubbard said. "I think it's vital to any defense to stop the run to earn the right to rush the passer. I love playing football. I love playing the run. I don't care. I know what my coaches and teammates think. That's all I need to know."

“(Hubbard) is our rock,” Bengals defensive tackle D.J. Reader said. “He’s a hard-nosed player. You don’t really find guys like him that are so unselfish and have so much belief. I feel like he has been in the shadows for his entire career going back to college. But we appreciate him. He’s the man in our room that all the young guys look up to.”

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

Maybe it’s just my school, but wow there are some ridiculous coworkers of mine that complain about everything and small stuff as opposed to things that actually matter, on social media no less.

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Maybe it’s just my school, but wow there are some ridiculous coworkers of mine that complain about everything and small stuff as opposed to things that actually matter, on social media no less.

There are those people in every job but it seems especially in teaching 

• Like 1

Speaking of teachers. I've followed Yannick Ngakoue since as long as I can remember after I drafted him, and for the past few years on Twitter. Obviously he's been to quite a few places, but each time he goes out of his way to ingratiate himself to the local community by hosting events and giving to charities. Now he's buying Indiana teachers whatever supplies they need.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2022/08/yannick-ngakoue-indiana-school-teachers-supplies-giveaway

Edited by Jlash
  • Like 4

Guys I'm in a 14 team half pt ppr league and I pick 3rd and I don't like any of my scenarios.  Taylor and CMC are basically locks for 1 and 2 based on the current pick owners, but I'm torn on Ekeler and his undoubted TD regression or Henry and his injury/age/workload risk or taking a WR and worrying about the RB famine I'll see on the turn.

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

Guys I'm in a 14 team half pt ppr league and I pick 3rd and I don't like any of my scenarios.  Taylor and CMC are basically locks for 1 and 2 based on the current pick owners, but I'm torn on Ekeler and his undoubted TD regression or Henry and his injury/age/workload risk or taking a WR and worrying about the RB famine I'll see on the turn.

Take Henry.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

Ekeler.

3 hours ago, Jlash said:

Derrick Henry is only 28 and isn't an injury risk. Yes, he had an injury last year, but he is a monster. Ekeler ain't got squat on Henry imo in a ppr league

Edited by wwhickok

10 hours ago, Jlash said:

I’d take Henry and hope for a rebound given he’s still under 30…and I’d keep in mind that you can always flip him before the year starts. I did that with Tomlinson his year where he was just starting to decline and I got a nice haul back for him. Upgrade at QB and an even swap RB.

11 hours ago, Jlash said:

The more I think about it this year, the more I’d take Jefferson or Kupp in that situation. 

The RB’s on the way back might not be as bad as you think. I just ran a quick Draft Wizard sim and Zeke, Akers, Etinne, James Conner, Montgomery, Breece Hall we’re still there. You could start with an absolute stud at WR and get 2 of those guys. That is a pretty good start. 

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

The more I think about it this year, the more I’d take Jefferson or Kupp in that situation. 

The RB’s on the way back might not be as bad as you think. I just ran a quick Draft Wizard sim and Zeke, Akers, Etinne, James Conner, Montgomery, Breece Hall we’re still there. You could start with an absolute stud at WR and get 2 of those guys. That is a pretty good start. 

If Stafford has a legit elbow issue I’d be wary of Kupp just due to volume regression.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If Stafford has a legit elbow issue I’d be wary of Kupp just due to volume regression.

I expect for Kupp to regress, I’ve got JJ as WR 1, so personally I’d take him there. Kupp will likely be a rock solid pick so if you wanted him there instead I wouldn’t argue.