BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

54 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I'm all for people being held accountable, but blasting a young players deficiencies to the media holds no measure of accountability for anyone.

yes how would anyone feel accountable when your QB is telling the media that guys aren't going to play if they can't catch the ball or run the wrong route

Added Rodgers: "You keep dropping the ball, you're not going to be out there. It's going to be the most reliable guys that are out there. The preparation and the job responsibility is most important. There's going to be physical mistakes, like we've talked about, but if you're going out there and dropping the ball and somebody else behind you is in the right spot all the time and catching the ball, that guy's going to play."

There is not a word of what he said here that anyone would take issue with coming from the mouth of the most unqualified head coach in the NFL, but I'm supposed to think the four-time NFL MVP who's actually going to be throwing the ball to them is an ******* for saying it? Cue eye-rolling.

Edited by Blue
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MD4L said:

I thought Chinn converted to full time LB? Either way, he’s a good one. I can see him making top 5 safety money when it’s his time for an extension. Thornhill was another guy I thought about.

I don’t see a safety challenging for Derwin money until Antoine Winfield Jr maybe?

Holland is definitely on trajectory to change the safety market if he keeps up what he did last season.

I'd be okay with Thornhill getting to that level of play.

Already figure I'll be paying Winfield plenty in a couple years.

5 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

How quickly they forget

Yeah, you can't have a Top 5 Safety of all time and say that you don't know what it's like to have a good one. That's like me complaining about Cleveland not being able to find a quality LT or know what one looks like after JT. He played in the NFL with the Eagles through 2008, so I get that it's been 15 years...but we need some threshold for complaining here.

Something like "We don't know what it's like to have one of those the past 10+ years."

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I think I might be the only person who read Rodgers’s criticism of the young receivers as a hard defense of Love’s 3 INT performance.

He flat out said 2/3 of those weren't his fault.  Wouldve been 3/3 but one he "probably shouldn't have thrown".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jlash said:

He flat out said 2/3 of those weren't his fault.  Wouldve been 3/3 but one he "probably shouldn't have thrown".

Yeah something like "probably shouldn't have thrown a contested jump ball to a receiver who ran the wrong route". 

Jordan Love is...well...something though.

• Like 1