BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

2 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

And one holding for 5 penalties total. I’m sure he will clean this up. He’s a young rookie he will learn.

CROSS’ BAD NIGHT

Rookie Charles Cross is entrenched as the starting left tackle. That’s even though the first-round draft choice, Seattle’s highest pick in a dozen drafts at ninth overall, committed five penalties against Chicago. 

Four of his flags were for false starts before the snap. One was for holding. That ruined a drive that had reached the Bears 27-yard line, an epic march relative to how the rest of the first half went for Seattle. 

Jason Myers then missed a 47-yard field goal.

“We already talked through it,” Carroll said. 

“But him being comfortable, assessing the cadence adjustment and the things that we have to do, it’s just experience. And so this is not going to be something that bothers him forever. We’ve just got to get it cleaned up and settle him in and make sure each situation, that he makes the right assessment does the right job.

That’s why it’s so important to get that body of work. Happy to see these kinks now and not abruptly so week 1.

48 minutes ago, MD4L said:

That’s why it’s so important to get that body of work. Happy to see these kinks now and not abruptly so week 1.

Perhaps but it is definitely worth noting that he had a very bad day. I mean we've seen a lot of praise when people make one good play  But we are not far away from week one she has a lot to do in order to be really  Ready to start in week one

53 minutes ago, MD4L said:

I'm glad we're accepting of kinks here, although false starts are admittedly a weird one

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blue said:

I'm glad we're accepting of kinks here, although false starts are admittedly a weird one

Lol I know where you are going with that but but in all seriousness  False starts are something that often tends to be habitual when it comes to rookiesSo do I think this is magically going to be fixed by week one no not even a little bit and if peopleAre really thinking that I think you are fooling yourself

Haha Ekwonu got pancaked by Dugger but at least it resulted in a first down on the outside. And then he fails to pick up the stunt and gives up the sack. Then gets beat again on the outside for a sack. He looks like a UDFA. Time will tell but yuck. Probably should be a guard. He can maul in the run game but not sure he can hold up on the edge. Hopefully he improves.