BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

20 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Did I willfully ignore it or did my Southern suburban education system pretend it never happened?

It depends on when you graduated and when World and U.S. Imperialism was required learning in the content standards. The Dole Fruit company with sugar motivations and big business investment basically staged a coup de etat on a beloved Monarch...and the U.S. Government thought it would be perfect for coaling stations and a Naval Base.

So, the "oppressive monarch" was removed and Hawaii was claimed.

Side note:

When Pearl Harbor was bombed, Hawaii was a U.S. Territory and yet it was cause for a declaration of war.

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

ELERSON SMITH TIME BABY

I'll Hoosiers it and say "My team is on the field" and play with 10 just to mess with Blue.

Him: You know, we have Preston Smith

Me: My team is on the field

Blue: That's nonsense

Me:

clothing

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

It depends on when you graduated and when World and U.S. Imperialism was required learning in the content standards. The Dole Fruit company with sugar motivations and big business investment basically staged a coup de etat on a beloved Monarch...and the U.S. Government thought it would be perfect for coaling stations and a Naval Base.

So, the "oppressive monarch" was removed and Hawaii was claimed.

Side note:

When Pearl Harbor was bombed, Hawaii was a U.S. Territory and yet it was cause for a declaration of war.

High school in 03 and college in 07.

Basically when we first starting getting whispers in school that the US may not have always been on the right side of history.

Just now, Ragnarok said:

High school in 03 and college in 07.

Oh wow you're actually older than me. Plot twist, I did not see that coming.

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Basically when we first starting getting whispers in school that the US may not have always been on the right side of history.

Really? I would have said that down there they would have shouted that during the entire Civil War to you folks.

*Smirks and walks away*

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Oh wow you're actually older than me. Plot twist, I did not see that coming.

Really? I would have said that down there they would have shouted that during the entire Civil War to you folks.

*Smirks and walks away*

I'm 36.

We had more emphasis on how great Lincoln was and how the battles actually played out.

Just now, Ragnarok said:

I'm 36.

Still older than me. We are close in age though.

Just now, Ragnarok said:

We had more emphasis on how great Lincoln was and how the battles actually played out.

There goes a whole string of jokes I had in my back pocket. It's a shame really.

My grandma, born and raised in very rural South Carolina (Lancaster, go Werewolves!) volunteered at a local park that was claimed to be the birthplace of Andrew Jackson. There's apparently a decent amount of dispute on if he was born in North or South Carolina but my grandma would swear up and down and with every breath she had that he was born right there in Lancaster County. She also actually called the Civil War the War of Northern Aggression from time to time.

• Like 1