BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

3 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Does this individual have a history of success? Or is this a new league for your friend.

I don’t really know these guys. Just helping a close friend.

I’m going to safely say that guy doesn’t have success.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MD4L said:

That swat on Julio in their playoff game some years ago should have him in Philly lore.

First things first, Julio missed that play, nothing got swatted.'

edit: Tough defender in the redzone. Just not the speed to compete outside of that.

Edited by Jlash
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, MD4L said:

1. Anchorage 
2. Camden
3. Cancun
4. Greenland
5. Ivory Coast

I know he just won the Super Bowl, but between the way he finished last year in the regular season and the injury history and now the elbow issue, I'd be real worried to have Matt Stafford as my QB, especially in BDL.

BDL Power Rankings

1. Camden Hoodrats -- Until proven otherwise a team that won the BDL Championship, remains at the top of my rankings. Does this mean I have no questions? Absolutely not. QB depth and Offensive Line are my biggest questions but again, this team, not much different, won a championship. Wilson, Zeke, Ward, Adams, among others are poised to potentially do it again.

2. Lancaster Werewolves -- While I am a little unsteady about Mayfield as the QB and the lack of depth behind him, The rest of their offense is stout. In top of that they have a potentially Championship worthy defense.

3. Rome Eternals - They do not have a QB depth issue.. the biggest question mark for me about this team is safety but overall it might be the most balanced roster in the league. Rome is no stranger to the post season. 

4. Cuba Smugglers -- I think this team gets seriously underrated anthony Castonzo is a huge addition to the Oline. I think they have enough on offense to win games and a very good defense. They'll be in the hunt for sure.

5. Berlin Blitkreig -- Berlin has AR12 at the helm and an overall solid roster. The depth isnt as much a problem as it is for some other teams. They have a good mix of rookies and vets. Their "wow factor" isn't as high for me as others which is why they find themselves at 5 but still, a very legit contender. 

6. Gotham Gashslayers -- With some further investments into their offense i think Gotham could be worthy of a higher ranking that what I am giving them but these top dogs are hard to sort out. I like what they've done so far and definitely view them as a threat. Their WR corps isn't incredibly deep but their starters are excellent and that has to count for something.  They have a really good defense especially in the front seven. 

7.  Singapore Sentinels -- This is a solid roster with a serious issue at WR imo. They have the QB and the roster elsewhere however thatll keep them in contention and keeps them above some other teams.

8. New Orleans Jazz -- This roster overall is good. They have a top 5 WR and good compliments to that. Solud TEs and a good OL. However they don't have a single QB I view as championship Caliber. They've got one that sees ghosts, one that is inconsistent as F and one that is on one that...can dance on the sidelines? Despite contending for a title last season I dont see this team inside of the top 5. There are some serious longevity issues here.

9. Hungary Hippos -- This roster has good bones. There are some areas of doubt but as a middle of the pack team has good balance that could lead to a surprise run. Dak Prescott among othets was a wise investment. This is going to be an interesting team late in the season.  Some of the drawbacks of this roster could be instability at RB if Fournette continues to struggle with health but Ito Smith & Mostert are more than capable of carrying the load. The WR Corps & their Safeties are my favorite groups of this team. Thats not a slight on the rest but these are their biggest strengths imo. Rookie Edge Rushing depth could be another draw back in this particular season but theyve got a very good Oline and overall good veteran skill on defense. Hungary was real close to making serious noise last year. The QB upgrade has the ability to possible push them further.

10. Antartica Katabatic Beasts -- They have the RL MVP and a great RB. Their best WR doesn't have a RL job, a rookie at TE, and holes on the Oline. Their defense however could be one of the best in the league and that alone will keep them in games. This team has a good future but getting rid of Diontae Johnson was a mistake. Their immediate outlook, well Im not lovin it.

11. Portland Horned Owls --  This team is bound to be a head scratcher.  They got a good set up but we all know their gameplanning won't live up to their roster. They have some balance but there, for me, is no wow factor. If CMac goes down that running game is non-existent. They're probably a team that has to steal some wins

12. Seoul Dragons -- Overall I like this roster more than its ranking but I'm just not sold on Murray.  When you couple that with the doubt I have for them at WR, you find their ranking

This is a team that could surprise me and be really good. Right now, I just dont know what to expect from them

13. Ivory Coast Black Rhinos -- This is actually a well built team but it lacks the dominant ability at several positions, especially QB. I feel strongly that the needle is pointing North for them, theyrr just not quite to the corner yet.

14. Sacremento Sasquatch -- In a year that could be bad for rookies this team has a ton of them. There is nondenying the potential here and next year I think this team will be great but its hard to put them higher because of the league situation right now.

15. Oklahoma City EF5s - I dont deny that Patty My homie is a great piece but I find myself very concerned about the lack of depth on this roster. Injuries will happen and this team will not be prepared for them.  In addition there are numerous spots i just dont feel like they can dominate, WR, TE, EDGE, and LB.

16. Williamsport Soul Reavers - This team has 3 potentiallly backup QBs, a ton of rookies set to start in a COVID year and while a good work in progress, still a long way from Championship caliber.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Blue said:

I know he just won the Super Bowl, but between the way he finished last year in the regular season and the injury history and now the elbow issue, I'd be real worried to have Matt Stafford as my QB, especially in BDL.

The Kid Mero Flirt GIF by Desus & Mero

• Like 1