BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

10 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I still think they've both got a great outlook. I mean, look at the weather in the Chicago game. I mean, I was told Trey Lance was gonna feast today and he looked meager. It was ugly out there.

On the other hand, Smith (much like last year) was getting open. Hurts was either quick bail as usual under a large amount of blitzes from the Lions, or was locked onto AJ Brown. 

There were a couple instances where Detroit brought the house, and rather than stand in and fire to someone open Hurts instantly bailed. Now sometimes it pays off, but it makes you wonder how many huge plays are left out there and it's only going to encourage more DC's to bring the house like the Bucs did in the playoffs last year.

Trey Lance bombing would make me sad. Still I said earlier in the off-season them starting 3-5 and going on a run ala last year wouldn’t surprise me. I actually kind of expect it.

Go Justin Fields though. I expect him to single handedly keep Chicago in games this year if he takes a sophomore leap.

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

He's got NFL talent and was successful at the level to earn a projection. Kingsbury had a losing college record. 

Played one game his final year at college at an FCS school and didn't show much of anything as a rookie before being gifted the starting gig this year.

• Like 1

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Played one game his final year at college at an FCS school and didn't show much of anything as a rookie before being gifted the starting gig this year.

1. Covid related, stop.

2. He's still a guy who showed all the tools and was highly invested in. Those guys get handed jobs now.

Kingsbury looked cool, didn't produce as a coach, made it known he'd take Murray #1 overall if he was a pro coach and that's all it took. 

• Like 2