Jlash

1 hour ago, MD4L said:

Who lasts longer in their current positon

Kliff Kingsbury as Cardinals HC

OR

Trey Lance as 49ers QB1?

Trey Lance by a mile.

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

Let me rephrase the first point.  Has shown essentially nothing on the field in the past two years to warrant being given a starting gig over Jimmy G aside from looking good in shorts.

I don't think Kingsbury is deserving either, just to be clear.

First off, this is a ludicrous decision to compare a drafted player to a head coach and you know it. Trey Lance didn't draft himself. Trey Lance didn't name himself the starter. John Lynch and Kyle Shanahan did that. It's ridiculous to hold him to the same standard as a head coach whose job it is to get his team ready to play every Sunday.

But let's take that comparison seriously for a second. Trey Lance looking good in shorts is better than whatever Garoppolo has done in a Niners uniform, and he's shown a helluva lot more upside than Garoppolo has in pads. Even when they've been deep in the playoffs, Garoppolo was the reason they didn't go further. Even if you want to claim Trey Lance doesn't deserve the job, Garoppolo sure as heck lost it and somebody's gotta start.

Just an FYI I am probably going to do all of my votes either after Monday night's game or very early on Tuesday morning because Of my work schedule. So I don't know whether or not I will end up being one of the 1st people along with SirA to vote,  But if I am that is why and I will clarify within the thread who I voted for.

8 minutes ago, Blue said:

Trey Lance by a mile.

First off, this is a ludicrous decision to compare a drafted player to a head coach and you know it. Trey Lance didn't draft himself. Trey Lance didn't name himself the starter. John Lynch and Kyle Shanahan did that. It's ridiculous to hold him to the same standard as a head coach whose job it is to get his team ready to play every Sunday.

But let's take that comparison seriously for a second. Trey Lance looking good in shorts is better than whatever Garoppolo has done in a Niners uniform, and he's shown a helluva lot more upside than Garoppolo has in pads. Even when they've been deep in the playoffs, Garoppolo was the reason they didn't go further. Even if you want to claim Trey Lance doesn't deserve the job, Garoppolo sure as heck lost it and somebody's gotta start.

Which is why I didn't bring up his draft position.  Disagree on the rest of it being ridiculous to compare.

Jimmy G has gotten the 49ers to the NFCCG.  I disagree on Lance having shown upside in pads as he hasn't shown anything yet. 

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Which is why I didn't bring up his draft position.  Disagree on the rest of it being ridiculous to compare.

Jimmy G has gotten the 49ers to the NFCCG.  I disagree on Lance having shown upside in pads as he hasn't shown anything yet. 

He's shown plenty.

Just gonna add that everything you said about Trey Lance and Jimmy Garoppolo applies to Aaron Rodgers and Brett Favre, too.

Edited by Blue