BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

1 hour ago, Scoundrel said:

He’s good enough. I really like when people attempt to trash other people’s players up for trade. It’s really classy. He played 100% of the snaps. Some teams have one safety or one healthy safety on their roster. 

no, I’ve watched him and he’s ******* awful. It is a shameful disgrace to the institution of football analysis that people honestly argue that he is good.

And if the Greenland-Seoul game is anything to go by, the majority of people voting in this league believe it is better to have no player at a position than a bad one.

Edited by Blue

18 minutes ago, Blue said:

no, I’ve watched him and he’s ******* awful. It is a shameful disgrace to the institution of football analysis that people honestly argue that he is good.

And if the Greenland-Seoul game is anything to go by, the majority of people voting in this league believe it is better to have no player at a position than a bad one.

I’ve got to say your observational ability is questionable though.

• Like 1

Is there even a need to submit lineups and gameplans anymore?

"You started a FA, auto loss"....umm same thing as stating an inactive move in the next man up (in this case its Travon Walker)

"You can play just 1 safety, auto loss".....umm i just need to stop the opposing team more times than they stop me which I'm not sure anyone can argue that I am not gonna score more

"You can't play with 3 interior lineman in a 3 man front"....umm thats where a versatile player like Travon Walker comes in and yes you can

I dont think anyone has provided one rational explanation as to why they voted for Seoul.  Yet I'm losing lmao.  

Not one person has proposed that I would be stopped even once (bc I wouldn't).  My team would no doubt get a number of stops, meaning I win.  

Sure I may give up 30+ but I'm scoring 45+

I guess the number 1 overall pick is mine bc there ain't anything I can do to change anything all season 🤣

3 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Is there even a need to submit lineups and gameplans anymore?

"You started a FA, auto loss"....umm same thing as stating an inactive move in the next man up (in this case its Travon Walker)

"You can play just 1 safety, auto loss".....umm i just need to stop the opposing team more times than they stop me which I'm not sure anyone can argue that I am not gonna score more

"You can't play with 3 interior lineman in a 3 man front"....umm thats where a versatile player like Travon Walker comes in and yes you can

I dont think anyone has provided one rational explanation as to why they voted for Seoul.  Yet I'm losing lmao.  

Not one person has proposed that I would be stopped even once (bc I wouldn't).  My team would no doubt get a number of stops, meaning I win.  

Sure I may give up 30+ but I'm scoring 45+

I guess the number 1 overall pick is mine bc there ain't anything I can do to change anything all season 🤣

the fact that you don't think it's rational that people are looking at your inability to put a lineup on the field that includes active NFL players and two starting safeties and voting against you is why people are voting against you

Edited by Blue

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

the fact that you don't think it's rational that people are looking at your inability to put a lineup on the field that includes active NFL players and two starting safeties and voting against you is why people are voting against you

I have a full lineup on the field with backups to spare 

15 minutes ago, Blue said:

Except you don't because you *don't have a second safety*

You don't need a second safety.  EVER.  There isn't only one formation you have to play inorder to win a damn game.  My roster/lineup/gameplan/execution all were and are better than my opponent 

If having a second safety is a prerequisite to win then I'll just make my number 1 overall pick now bc I don't have a 2nd safety and can't/won't pay the price to trade for one when half the teams are gonna make up some random **** next week and say I lose. 

You look at the gameplans, the roster, and the other teams gameplans and roster.  Just bc you and others have some dumbass 1920 mentality on lineups and roster construction and playcalling doesn't mean my team can't win bc I do crazy stuff.  

I'll never get stuck into a box.  NFL is boring as **** for a reason, it's all uniform with the same formations and same play calls and same rosters.  College football is fun and 1000× better bc a team running only triple option can win or a team playing only man can win.  

I run and will always run wild stuff bc its fun, works (especially with the best roster on the field) and the other team won't gameplan for it.  Seoul didn't game plan for my defense, they would be torched for the first half or so and by that time the score would 30-0.  Then my team might start getting gassed but it ain't gonna give up 40+ in the second half no matter what 

Anyways, unrelated to anything at all, wherever Pro Football Reference is getting their pass coverage stats for defensive backs is hilarious. According to their numbers, every single Ravens defensive back and off-ball linebacker gave up a 100% catch rate on Sunday.

Now, I wasn't watching that game at all, so I don't know what happened there. However, you might reasonably be wondering: "how is that even mathematically possible, given Flacco only completed 62% of his passes? Who was covering Corey Davis, Garrett Wilson, Elijah Moore, and Braxton Berrios on the combined 11 passes that were thrown to them and not completed?"

And that's a valid question! But more to the point, how does one explain Marcus Williams had an interception in that game but is still credited as allowing 10 of 10 passes to be completed into his coverage? Does not the fact that a ball was not completed to the opposing offense, and indeed resulted in a turnover, necessarily mean that at least one pass in his direction was not completed? These are the kinds of questions the universe will never answer.

• Like 1