BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

55 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

And then they said screw cap space and grabbed Jackson when he was surprisingly available. You'd still think he'd rotate in somehow.

He started in Week 1, does that not count as "rotating in"

48 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Except hr didnt play anything but special teams so.. i think you might be wrong on this one even if you dont want to be.

No, y'all just don't understand the difference between slot and outside corners.

26 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

@MWil23 which player that Blue made an offer for today is on my bench? They are both starters 

In the past twelve months, I have tried to trade for at least six different players on your team that either:

A) were clearly riding your bench
B) are on the final year of their deals
C) you drafted a guy with the clear intent to replace them
D) two or more of the above

In every single case, you've gone "no he's not available." You don't want to trade your guys, fine, but if you're not willing to trade players at positions where they're not starting and you have tons of depth, it begs the question of who you're actually trying to trade.

You wouldn't even listen to an offer on Erik McCoy when you have two other starting centers, then traded for a different starting center in the offseason and pay him 5 figures. I don't know what that's about. If this is supposed to be some kind of "playing hard to get" tactic, you're missing me with it.

5 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Imo, the only teams that really even remotely quality as powerhouse might be Camden and...

Well thats it 

We play them this week. Just wait. We genuinely feel we have the best roster. Now we need injuries and our words to not screw us over.

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

No, y'all just don't understand the difference between slot and outside corners.

In the past twelve months, I have tried to trade for at least six different players on your team that either:

In every single case, you've gone "no he's not available." You don't want to trade your guys, fine, but if you're not willing to trade players at positions where they're not starting and you have tons of depth, it begs the question of who you're actually trying to trade.

You wouldn't even listen to an offer on Erik McCoy when you have two other starting centers, then traded for a different starting center in the offseason and pay him 5 figures. I don't know what that's about. If this is supposed to be some kind of "playing hard to get" tactic, you're missing me with it.

Some positions I value depth at more than others.

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

If I don’t like the value you’re offering me I’m not going to make the trade my friend 

Blue I've stayed out of this for the most part without taking sides, but all I said was this week when his guys were healthy he wasn't getting in the rotation. I would at least for a week or two until things develop just toss him on the bench. I would not ding you at all if he wasn't a starter.If you started him this week I would though only because you knew Thursday he didn't play on D. If it was Sunday I'd give the benefit some and simply wonder how the F he didn't rotate in.

Edited by LAOJoe

Now reading this is a little comical to me though as the new guy who just got 2 trades completed relatively easily. Maybe overpaid a bit for Kittle but we were willing to play his game if it went smoothly within ours.

Edited by LAOJoe

2 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

Blue I've stayed out of this for the most part without taking sides, but all I said was this week when his guys were healthy he wasn't getting in the rotation. I would at least for a week or two until things develop just toss him on the bench. I would not ding you at all if he wasn't a starter.If you started him this week I would though only because you knew Thursday he didn't play on D. If it was Sunday I'd give the benefit some and simply wonder how the F he didn't rotate in.

Cool, would you recommend I start Zyon McCollum, who didn't play at all Week 1 due to injury, or should I roll with Darius Phillips, who got cut from the team he played for in the preseason and is now the legitimate fifth corner in Denver?

Sorry for going with a guy I know can play regardless of what his IRL playing time is.

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

Was it a player on my block?

I don't recall specifically but I'm pretty sure at least one was, that was why I inquired on him at all.