BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

4 minutes ago, MD4L said:

No I mean moving forward. They’ll move Lance and make Jimmy G the guy when he leads them to a playoff run again.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nfl.com/_amp/jimmy-garoppolo-49ers-finalizing-restructured-contract-to-keep-qb-in-san-francis

Part of the contract.  49ers can't franchise Jimmy G.  So they'd have to pay him on a brand new deal.  They'll keep Lance for next year and let Jimmy walk.

• Like 1

Love it when my tackle gets credited with giving up a sack because he forced the defender to the other side of the formation just for the QB to walk backwards into him

But man, I'm happy for Hutchinson. Seemed like a really great dude when they interviewed him at the Combine, hope this is the start of a great, long career for him.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Blue said:

Love it when my tackle gets credited with giving up a sack because he forced the defender to the other side of the formation just for the QB to walk backwards into him

But man, I'm happy for Hutchinson. Seemed like a really great dude when they interviewed him at the Combine, hope this is the start of a great, long career for him.

Yeah maybe they should credit those kind of sacks to the QB? It’s still a sack but he definitely didn’t help Cosmi there.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Why did Justin Fields finish with 11 pass attempts tonight?

9 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Something isn’t right if Chicago was down 24-7 at half and Fields finished with 14 registered drop backs (3 sacks).

He finished with 8 carries, so presumably that number is at most 22 pass attempts.

There was no monsoon tonight.

Because he's bad.

But actually because Green Bay dominated time of possession. Like 37 minutes. Most of Chicago's control of the ball was their first drive of the game and one long drive in the second half.

Just now, RTTRUTH said:

Should we give the “quitting” owner a night to sleep on his decision before we recruit his replacement and vote against him simply due to the “fact” he quit?

Whicker will be back in some capacity soon enough. He’s well respected here and has been part of several seasons with most of us. It isn’t totally uncommon for frustration fits to happen and it’s probably his RL circumstance playing a role as much as week 1.

Plus, somebody else should quit after this weeks results.