BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

23 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Hope you are okay.  Don't admit fault!

He was stopped in the middle lane with no blinker. I switched to the left lane to pass. He turned left trying to go into a parking lot from the middle lane. He hit me on my front right quarter panel.

7 minutes ago, PR said:

He was stopped in the middle lane with no blinker. I switched to the left lane to pass. He turned left trying to go into a parking lot from the middle lane. He hit me on my front right quarter panel.

I was on Main Street with an icy road. Wide road with only me and a truck. It's down hill and the truck a bit on from of me turned left from the middle of the road in front of me on who was in the left lane. I couldn't break with the ice and slid right into his side. He tried to bs saying stuff but I wouldn't let the cops leave the scene without pushing fault on him as the evidence shows there is no way I his driver side if he was just going straight the whole time. ******* even turned on his plow light after the accident to make it look like I hit him while he was working. The cops got him when he "admitted" he was just changing lanes in the intersection. While not illegal to do so in Ontario it is when it is unsafe to do so so he got slapped with fault and I didn't need to have the insurance company prove it.

25 minutes ago, PR said:

A cop once did that to my dad. He was turning left into a parking lot from the middle lane when my dad was in the left. It was to go into a lot they use for training conferences. All the other cops already there saw it and laughed at him. The cop that did it was this one guy we saw only a few weeks before for a guy that tried to break into our house. He said he usually worked homicide. The cops at the facility were certain to tell us that guy was not in fact in homicide. He paid us good money to not let it get on record and I'm sure he owed his colleagues some favours to not report it to insurance or the boss. He probably still hears about it to this day.

Edited by LAOJoe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PR said:

You made him wait for the police, correct?

If its clear the other driver is at fault, always get a cop there.  If you're at fault, try to avoid the cop.