BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

I've never had Air Fryer steak but I can't imagine it's often much different than a restaurant steak on a pan, which is how most high end non-grill places do it. Never had it though. Air fryer pork belly is the bomb though.

To me Buffalo wings are butter infused hot wings, so they look orange and the heat is intensified, or with too much butter made a bit creamy. I'm not the biggest fan of pure hot wings, hence why I mix it with honey garlic if they serve it. I just find it boring, so I'll dip every other wing in ranch. Blue 10000% better. Same reason I don't get blue at home. I usually whip out a bottle of Frank's Stinging Honey for my home wings.

Edited by LAOJoe
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, RedGold said:

Well Done Steak With Garlic Butter recipe main photo

My mom. Because of her I always used BBQ sauce for my steak to add moisture. Once I knew you could undercook it I convinced my dad to get ours done medium at most and my mom can get medium-well. I never use a steak sauce anymore.

Edited by LAOJoe
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

I've never had Air Fryer steak but I can't imagine it's often much different than a restaurant stake on a pan, which is how most high end non-grill places do it. Never had it though. Air fryer pork belly is the bomb though.

To me Buffalo wings are butter infused hot wings, so they look orange and the heat is intensified, or with too much butter made a bit creamy. I'm not the biggest fan of pure hot wings, hence why I mix it with honey garlic if they serve it. I just find it boring, so I'll dip every other wing in ranch. Blue 10000% better. Same reason I don't get blue at home. I usually whip out a bottle of Frank's Stinging Honey for my home wings.

Butter infused hot wings are a good call. I also enjoy a nice dry rub/flour rub with some heat in mine to infuse into the meat as well. I don't like things "wow that's really hot" but I love the spicier flavor with a "pop" if you will.

In sandwich form, I put bleu cheese crumbles on mine as opposed to dressing, unless none are available, then dressing will suffice.

I like the hot sauce with the bleu cheese crumbles to balance it on taste and texture.

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

Butter infused hot wings are a good call. I also enjoy a nice dry rub/flour rub with some heat in mine to infuse into the meat as well. I don't like things "wow that's really hot" but I love the spicier flavor with a "pop" if you will.

In sandwich form, I put bleu cheese crumbles on mine as opposed to dressing, unless none are available, then dressing will suffice.

I like the hot sauce with the bleu cheese crumbles to balance it on taste and texture.

I do have actual blue cheese around my place often. I'll go on a blue burger binge every once in a while. Burger with blue and a type of mustard flavour called sweet with heat. Also I like how you use the french name.

Blue with hot crumbles isn't bad either. It'll melt/stick some too.

Lemon and spice rub wings might be the best but I love me some wet wings. At home BBQ I don't think you can beat lemon and rub, but it I deep fry, air fry or bake with a layer of oil, give me a sauce.

• Like 1

And to the one thing I missed, Ketchup with eggs is weird. Sometimes my dad used to make me an egg sandwich with ketchup. Too much I hated it 9/10 times except the few times he only put a little ketchup, then it was okay at best.

Just now, rackcs said:

If I'm ordering steak at some place that I don't know or don't trust very well I'll order it medium. Otherwise medium-rare. If I'm like at an actual good, real steak place I'll get it rare.

I specifically ask for between rare and medium-rare every time now because if I don't I'll get medium or even medium-well the odd time. I have yet to to get anything more than where you can argue between medium and medium rare. And they are unlikely to undercook it too, although I don't mind it closer to blue.

3 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

I specifically ask for between rare and medium-rare every time now because if I don't I'll get medium or even medium-well the odd time. I have yet to to get anything more than where you can argue between medium and medium rare. And they are unlikely to undercook it too, although I don't mind it closer to blue.

I grew up with a medium-well and sometimes even well done family so I still have some mental training to do to get the idea out of my head about "blood" and stuff like that. I never was huge on steak and then I started eating it like medium and medium-rare and I was like oh, that's why people love steak so much.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RedGold said:

George Costanza Seinfeld GIF

Not a fan of ranch.   Bluecheese with my wings...   Boneless are not wings,  and taste like fat.    

Agreed boneless are not wings. However, bluecheese... I've given it a shot, on more than one occasion, and each and every time it is absolutely disgusting. How can anyone enjoy bluecheese? Do people not have taste buds?

8 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Agreed boneless are not wings. However, bluecheese... I've given it a shot, on more than one occasion, and each and every time it is absolutely disgusting. How can anyone enjoy bluecheese? Do people not have taste buds?

I like ranch.   I just don't like it with wings,    I never taste the actual wings with Ranch.     I usually go with no sauce, but if I need a sauce I like bluecheese better because it doesn't take away from the wing flavor.      If it's a mild spice,  this may all be a moot point anyways,   ranch might be better on those.  

• Like 1