BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

I mean just imagine. After a hard day at the office, Ragnarok pushes an intern to the ground.

After a hard day at the office, me/Blue/Scoundrel/EaglesPete pushes a kid in the parking lot.

After a hard day on the road, wwhickok pushes a busboy to the ground on his way out of a restaurant.

It’s fireable and a career ender.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I mean just imagine. After a hard day at the office, Ragnarok pushes an intern to the ground.

After a hard day at the office, me/Blue/Scoundrel/EaglesPete pushes a kid in the parking lot.

After a hard day on the road, wwhickok pushes a busboy to the ground on his way out of a restaurant.

I assume you didn't include me because I am known for pushing kids down in parking lots

• Like 6

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

it's only fireable if there are witnesses, and only a career ender if there are charges and even then, I imagine ww is safe

• Like 1

I might be in the minority,   but I don't think Davante realized what happened till afterwards.

The sideview looks awful,  the view from behind(still not good)..  shows it more clearly.   Guy tried to run across as Davante was exiting and he timed it right as Davante was going through.     Fine/discipline is needed as the push wasn't needed,  but I don't think Davante even realized what was happening till after the fact.  

2 minutes ago, RedGold said:

I might be in the minority,   but I don't think Davante realized what happened till afterwards.

The sideview looks awful,  the view from behind(still not good)..  shows it more clearly.   Guy tried to run across as Davante was exiting and he timed it right as Davante was going through.     Fine/discipline is needed as the push wasn't needed,  but I don't think Davante even realized what was happening till after the fact.  

IMO if he would have even come back or reached down to help the guy, I'd give him that benefit of the doubt. But, let's be honest, the dude was also carrying equipment, he wasn't some random fan looking person.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RedGold said:

To an extent I can definitely get behind that theory

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

IMO if he would have even come back or reached down to help the guy, I'd give him that benefit of the doubt. But, let's be honest, the dude was also carrying equipment, he wasn't some random fan looking person.

We're on the same page there.   He should have helped him up,  I still think he was confused as to what just happened.   He should be fined/disciplined...  as the push looked awful.    I don't believe, in his head... he actually thought let's push the guy though...  he was just reacting to a guy cutting across his path imo.  

Just now, wwhickok said:

To an extent I can definitely get behind that theory

ftr i'm not saying there shouldn't be any type of discipline.    He could have reacted better after.. 

• Like 2

Just now, RedGold said:

We're on the same page there.   He should have helped him up,  I still think he was confused as to what just happened.   He should be fined/disciplined...  as the push looked awful.    I don't believe, in his head... he actually thought let's push the guy though...  he was just reacting to a guy cutting across his path imo.  

I'm not saying Adams is an awful human being or anything, and I appreciate his apology to an extent, albeit him justifying the push as a soft defense was wrong. If he'd have "manned up" a bit and given a full apology about his actions, I'd probably think higher of him, but give him a suspension and move on IMO.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

This is what I’m doing on my last day of teaching. Going out on top 

• Like 1

Fun story: A few years back, before Covid, one of my coworkers was doing summer school for some extra cash. She said there was this teacher there who was constantly yelling at the kids, but nothing too crazy. Well apparently one day a student said she was gonna get her mom down there to fight the teacher. The teacher went off on her, cussing her out, saying she'll beat up the girl and her "*****-*** momma," a whole thing. She got put in teacher jail and can't do summer school anymore but is still working for the county as of last school year. My VP runs summer school for my county and verified the story as true although he couldn't give me all of the details.

So what that story told me is, that at least one time in your career, you can go off and threaten and cuss out a student, and you'll go to teacher jail but otherwise be fine. So I always say I'm saving my blow-up for some especially bad kid.

• Like 1