BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

2 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

This season, All of them     Nelson has sucked this year.  Martin would be one but he gets hurt a lot 

lol, that's so ******* wrong

2 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

Lindstrom has allowed just six pressures all season before this week 

Gee, I wonder if that has anything to do with playing 23 snaps in pass pro per game with a mobile quarterback in an offense that constantly moves the pocket because even the Falcons know their line can't block anybody.

Oh, wait, yes, it obviously does.

54 minutes ago, MD4L said:

If we’re getting in the game of complaining, the Cuba OL also gets completely disrespected with an all pro starting and a top 5 C this season. Elgton Jenkins still getting penalized for his week 2 game is not cool.

Jenkins hasn't been good since coming back from injury. Which isn't your fault but he clearly is not back to pre-injury form.

46 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Neither has Bakh.

lol that's not true.

42 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Bakh only plays 23 snaps a game cause they ru..... Oh wait no they just bench him 

Played more than that in every game he's played this season, including over 40 snaps per game in the last three games.

Edited by Blue

6 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

1.1 Berlin- CJ Stroud QB OSU

Berlin gets their top signal caller without having to give up a Jameis Winston package... I wasn’t in the league for this but he’s referenced it a couple times. Stroud inherits a good roster and some young receiving weapons that if he shows flashes early could put Berlin back into contention quickly. 

1.2 Seoul- Bryce Young QB Bama

Russ is cooked. Young has some similar qualities to young Russ... maneuvering the pocket and improvising with plus accuracy. He may be small but he’s a top passer coming out and someone Seoul can build around with their 17 picks again.

1.3 Gotham- Will Anderson Jr Edge Bama

Anderson is a dominant edge force who many compare to Von Miller. He can get stronger but he has the arm length to keep tackles at bay and an uncanny ability to make plays in the backfield. He would allow a very strong corner group to not have to cover as long and that strong corner group will bye him more time to get to the QB. A symbiotic relationship. Of course taking into account Whicker’s history this could be Ringo. Seems like a prime spot for someone to move up for Anderson though if Whicker wants more picks. 

1.4 Hungary- Kelee Ringo CB UGA 

Much talk about their defense this week. They add a top tier specimen at corner and a possible alpha player to their secondary. Jalen Carter may be the more popular pick and can be a game wrecker inside but Hungary also let Jonathan Allen walk. I know money is always at play but perhaps PR will prioritize the corner position here.

1.5 Anchorage- Jalen Carter INT UGA

Another UGA DT for me two years in a row. I have Vita and Oliver’s contracts up and Jalen would fill a nice role next to Davis inside. He can play the 3T and be a disruptive player as Davis absorbs blockers. I want to see more consistency from him now that he is healthier and he plays much more as a pass rusher than against the run so while the talent is there I’d like to see a more well rounded game. 

1.6 Raleigh- Jaxon Smith-Njigba WR OSU

Raleigh traded away Davante and they need playmakers at receiver. JSN hasn’t played much this year but he was dynamic last year and is as many have mentioned an OSU receiver. My prediction however is that this pick will end up in Lancaster as Raleigh has two firsts, Murray is a FA, and this pick could go in a Lancaster RFA offer on Jalen Hurts. 

1.7 Greenland- Bijan Robinson RB Texas

This is probably a surprise pick here but depending on if Greenland wants to pay Barkley whatever he gets this offseason, Robinson can step in and be a bell cow from day one. Even if they keep Barkley, Robinson would make a great 1-2 punch for this offense and make them even more dangerous. Corner would also get consideration here.

1.8 Cuba- Joey Porter Jr CB PSU

A former pro bowl players son, JPJ gives Cuba another young corner to add to their talented youth movement at the position. Resigning Denzel Ward, Griffin and Kenny Moore, further development of Emerson, Taylor, Kohou and Bryant and the addition of Porter would give them a very strong group potentially. Typing that out perhaps they go in a different direction like Myles Murphy or receiver. We shall see.

1.9 Raleigh- Quentin Johnston WR TCU

Raleigh goes back to back receivers similar to what Berlin did last year. They need an infusion of talent in that room and Johnston gives them a strong big bodied receiver with strength and quickness off the line. He has the potential despite playing in a rather mundane TCU offense to be a game breaker. They really missed him last week against Texas Tech early on. 

1.10 Berlin- Myles Murphy Edge Clemson

Berlin gets a player with great size and bend for that size at edge. YGM didn’t pan out, Wonnum is a RFA and just overall he’s very good value for Berlin here. Going Stroud/Murphy versus Anderson Jr/Levis or whatever other QB would be here is the right move every time. This will help a very good Berlin interior and get Berlin closer to getting back to a contender. 

1.11 Gotham- Jordan Addison WR Pitt

Hey a WR for Whicker and Gotham! Hopkins is on the final year, Reek has one more year after this and depending on cap situation Addison can come in and keep up the high quality of players in the Gotham receiving room. Addison has made the most of his targets at USC. He isn’t the biggest but he is very crafty running routes. DeVonta Smith is a fun comparison based on size and skill set. 

1.12 Flint- Tyree Wilson Edge TTU

It is no surprise I am big on Wilson. He has great size and explosiveness and has a matured rush plan. He opposite Bosa would really give Flint to potentially dominant all around ends that would make like difficult on BDL offenses off the edges. 

1.13 Cancun- Christian Gonzalez CB Oregon

Michal Mayer is the fun pick for Blue and Mwil here to see their back and forth. And while he would be a great pick, giving White a potentially shut down running mate could be high priority. Gonzalez has really good size and can make plays on the ball. Cancun would be able to do a lot of different things in coverage and just on defense in general with he and White locking up receivers. 

1.14 Rome- Bryan Bresee INT

Rome gets their Tillery replacement! I’m not as high on Bresee as others are but he definitely has the physical skill set to be a dominant player inside in the NFL. Peter Skoronski is another option here for Rome.

1.15 Anchorage- Peter Skoronski OL NW

Continue the trench building. I feel a little better drafting oline after my picks of Ikem and Salyer this past year. I have no true guards technically on the roster after this season so this pick will be with hope that Skoronski kicks inside. If not then I’ll just have more tackle depth which is never a bad thing. 

1.16 Ivory Coast- Broderick Jones OT UGA

IC needs tackle help and the trend of UGA LT’s becoming good NFL players is pointing up. While they have Trent at LT they could plug Jones on the right side. This isn’t a typical Ruskie pick but with more of Mike’s input I think this is a conclusion they can reach together as Mike loves the trenches. Michael Mayer would be a strong possibility here as well.

1 hour ago, Scoundrel said:

2.1 Berlin- Jahmyr Gibbs RB Bama
2.2 Seoul- Isaiah Foskey Edge ND
2.3 Gotham- Paris Johnson Jr OT OSU
2.4 Hungary- Tuli Tuipolutu INT USC
2.5 Gotham- Cam Smith CB South Carolina 
2.6 Raleigh- Michael Mayer TE ND
2.7 Greenland- Gervon Dexter Sr INT UF
2.8 Cuba- Jaylin Hyatt WR Tennessee 
2.9 Anchorage- Nolan Smith Jr Edge UGA
2.10 Berlin- Clark Phillips lll CB Utah
2.11 Lancaster- Jarrett Patterson C ND
2.12 Gotham- Siaki Ika INT Baylor 
2.13 Cancun- Mazi Smith INT UM
2.14 Rome- Trenton Simpson LB Clemson 
2.15 Anchorage- AT Perry WR WF
2.16 Anchorage- Brandon Joseph S ND

I'd be very happy with Murphy with my 2nd 1st rounder.  I love Gibbs but 2.1 is a little rich for him imo.  I do like the Utah CB.

3 hours ago, rackcs said:

BDL Mock Draft 5.0

Started this yesterday before Rags and Scoundrel posted their mocks so enjoy another mock!

Round 1  
Team Pick
Berlin Blitzkrieg Bryce Young, QB, Alabama
Seoul Dragons C.J. Stroud, QB, Ohio State
Gotham Gashslayers Will Anderson Jr., EDGE, Alabama
Hungary Hippos Myles Murphy, EDGE, Clemson
Anchorage Trappers (from Singapore) Jalen Carter, INT, Georgia
Raleigh Firebirds Kelee Ringo, CB, Georgia
Greenland Polar Bears Bryan Bresee, INT, Clemson
Cuba Smugglers Joey Porter Jr., CB, Penn State
Raleigh Firebirds (from Lancaster) Quentin Johnston, WR, TCU
Berlin Blitzkrieg (from Ivory Coast) Tyree Wilson, EDGE, Texas Tech
Gotham Gashslayers (from Death Valley) Olu Fashanu, OT, Penn State
Flint Tropics Trenton Simpson, LB, Clemson
Cancun Kaiju Broderick Jones, OT, Georgia
Rome Eternals Paris Johnson Jr., OT, Ohio State
Anchorage Trappers Jordan Addison, WR, USC
Ivory Coast Black Rhinos (from Camden) Peter Skoronski, OT, Northwestern

Round 2  
Team Pick
Berlin Blitzkrieg Bijan Robinson, RB, Texas
Seoul Dragons Jaxon Smtih-Njigba, WR, Ohio State
Gotham Gashslayers Michael Mayer, TE, Notre Dame
Hungary Hippos Cam Smith, CB, South Carolina
Gotham Gashslayers (from Singapore) Will Levis, QB, Kentucky
Raleigh Firebirds Antonio Johnson, S, Texas A&M
Greenland Polar Bears Nolan Smith, EDGE, Georgia
Cuba Smugglers Isaiah Foskey, EDGE, Notre Dame
Anchorage Trappers (from Lancaster) Christian Gonzalez, CB, Oregon
Berlin Blitzkrieg (from Ivory Coast) O'Cyrus Torrence, OG, Florida
Lancaster Werewolves (from Death Valley) Brian Branch, S, Alabama
Gotham Gashslayers (from Flint) Jahmyr Gibbs, RB, Alabama
Cancun Kaiju Gervon Dexter Sr., INT, Florida
Rome Eternals Jalin Hyatt, WR, Tennessee
Anchorage Trappers Felix Anudike-Uzomah, EDGE, Kansas State
Anchorage Trappers (from Camden) Darnell Washington, TE, Georgia

Round 3  
Team  
Berlin Blitzkrieg Emmanuel Forbes, CB, Mississippi State
Seoul Dragons Jaelyn Duncan, OT, Maryland
Gotham Gashslayers Henry To'o To'o, LB, Alabama
Hungary Hippos Anton Harrison, OT, Oklahoma
Gotham Gashslayers (from Singapore) Clark Phillips III, CB, Utah
Lancaster Werwolves (from Raleigh) Devon Achane, RB, Texas A&M
Greenland Polar Bears Tucker Kraft, TE, South Dakota State
Cuba Smugglers Josh Downs, WR, North Carolina
Lancaster Werewolves Garrett Williams, CB, Syracuse
Seoul Dragons (from Ivory Coast) Kayshon Boutte, WR, LSU
Berlin Blitzkrieg (from Death Valley) Hendon Hooker, QB, Tennessee

I have Stroud over Bryce.
I like Tyree a lot.
I would probably go Bijan there.
I won't go OG early this year.  I'd lean Dexter if the board fell that way.
Dunno Forbes yet.
If Carter from Army or Verse from FSU was there that late in the 3rd, I'm 100% taking them over Hooker.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

lol that's not true.

Played more than that in every game he's played this season, including over 40 snaps per game in the last three games.

Dude.  I adore Bakh.  He is nowhere near his pre-injury form.  He seems to finally be making progress, but he ain't close to there yet.

5 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I'd be very happy with Murphy with my 2nd 1st rounder.  I love Gibbs but 2.1 is a little rich for him imo.  I do like the Utah CB.

I have Stroud over Bryce.
I like Tyree a lot.
I would probably go Bijan there.
I won't go OG early this year.  I'd lean Dexter if the board fell that way.
Dunno Forbes yet.
If Carter from Army or Verse from FSU was there that late in the 3rd, I'm 100% taking them over Hooker.

Hop off this. This has been my train