BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

4 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

Amazing by Mahomes, but Chargers continue to show why they are known for choking.

I get that. I’d play devil’s advocate in this instance and say if you had to annually play Mahomes, lots of teams would be known for choking.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MD4L said:

I get that. I’d play devil’s advocate in this instance and say if you had to annually play Mahomes, lots of teams would be known for choking.

I mean it's not just vs Mahomes. On defense they get into a scared mentality. If I was a Chargers fan I'd be ripping my hair out.

10 minutes ago, MD4L said:

The chargers were doing this well before Mahomes, and not just against KC.      Its why I always laugh when people pick them in the off-season.  Literally no other team in the west considers them a rival because no one takes them seriously. 

Edited by RedGold
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, RedGold said:

The chargers were doing this well before Mahomes, and not just against KC.      Its why I always laugh when people pick them in the off-season.  Literally no other team in the west considers them a rival because no one takes them seriously. 

Chargers have been known for this well before Atlanta but Atlanta gets the last choke every time they meet the last 3 times.

Exhibit A (gotta watch on youtube because the NFL are mean)

Only football game more "glorious" I've seen is the "Cheese-INT" bowl.

48 minutes ago, MD4L said:

You've been around waaaaay too long to think this is about Mahomes.

• Like 1

Nice to see two Trappers share this Camaraderie...

Oliver was a battering ram in the middle of the Bills defensive line. Daquan Jones, who had a solid game in his own right with three tackles, a blocked field goal, and a quarterback hit, kept pointing his finger at Oliver inside the Bills’ locker room. He wanted Oliver to get some love for how much he led the effort to stop the run. Oliver finished with five tackles, three tackles for a loss, and one quarterback hit.

9 hours ago, MD4L said:

Can we at least acknowledge that Mahomes had a lower completion % than Herbert, just 49 more yards passing and 1 additional TD? Herbert did have an INT though, but statistically speaking, Mahomes didnt grossly out play Herbert. 

Edited by wwhickok

8 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Can we at least acknowledge that Mahomes had a lower completion % than Herbert, just 49 more yards passing and 1 additional TD? Herbert did have an INT though, but statistically speaking, Mahomes didnt grossly out play Herbert. 

Missing almost his entire receiving corps with about 1/2 of the running back talent. Yeah…box score scouting 

51 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Missing almost his entire receiving corps with about 1/2 of the running back talent. Yeah…box score scouting 

No no. Now what i meant. Statistically, strictly so, there wasnt a glaring gap.

If you watched the actual, there most definitely was, but coning from a team that legit box score scouts every week, thats hilarious. I mean isnt that EXACTLY what you did with Henry? Lol

Edited by wwhickok

9 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

No no. Now what i meant. Statistically, strictly so, there wasnt a glaring gap.

If you watched the actual, there most definitely was, but coning from a team that legit box score scouts every week, thats hilarious. I mean isnt that EXACTLY what you did with Henry? Lol

I watched basically every snap of that game, so no. YPC matters, efficiency matters, explosive plays matter.

As long as we are clear because you can't have it both ways

13 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I watched basically every snap of that game, so no. YPC matters, efficiency matters, explosive plays matter.

So you agree, stats matter, efficiency matters, completion % matters. Okay. As long as we are clear because you cannot have it both ways.