BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

man, I wouldn't want to be the playoff committee this week after TCU and USC both lost. Either going to put in two non-conference champs with 1 loss or put a 2-loss Alabama team in that didn't even play for their conference title.

TCU lost in OT to a team they beat earlier in the season. In my opinion they should still be in. But they are going to get killed by whoever they play so I could see them being against that for ratings. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

man, I wouldn't want to be the playoff committee this week after TCU and USC both lost. Either going to put in two non-conference champs with 1 loss or put a 2-loss Alabama team in that didn't even play for their conference title.

On 11/28/2022 at 2:19 PM, MD4L said:

The answer is obvious.

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Yes, it's obvious that there are two clear teams that belong in the playoffs and a cluster**** of teams that are just there to get rolled by those two.

USC does not belong in any 4 team playoff discussion, lol.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MD4L said:

USC does not belong in any 4 team playoff discussion, lol.

Of course not.

6 minutes ago, MD4L said:

There’s an Alabama/TCU discussion to be had. I don’t think Alabama gets blown out vs the top two teams. I don’t think TCU gets blown out by Michigan.

TCU vs UGA is tough.

No there isn't. TCU had a better record, their only loss was in OT in the title game against a top-10 team they beat earlier in the season, and they won head-to-head against a team Alabama barely squeaked by after knocking the opposing QB out of the game. TCU beats the **** out of Alabama by any possible measure including the eye test--except for the strength of schedule.

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Tennessee should still be in over Bama.  

If Hooker wasn't out for the year, absolutely.

Edited by Blue

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

No there isn't. TCU had a better record, their only loss was in OT in the title game against a top-10 team they beat earlier in the season, and they won head-to-head against a team Alabama barely squeaked by after knocking the opposing QB out of the game. TCU beats the **** out of Alabama by any possible measure including the eye test--except for the strength of schedule.

If Alabama/TCU played, I’d go Alabama. I’d be surprised and impressed if TCU won. Not surprised at all if Bama won.