BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

Just now, bcb1213 said:

Understood. You always have one waiver claim a week and if a guy goes on IR you get a second.  Most of the time this will suffice as long as you haven't put yourself in cap hell 

Lol...that's part of it.  Not really cap hell but bulk of roster is locked.  Just feel we could come up with a better solution to make it easier to field starters without dismantling what you currently have with waivers.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Us too.  Waivers doesn't really resolve the issue.  It shouldn't be this hard to field a starting line up.

If there is an owners meeting I'd at least like to propose the idea.

Yeah, just draw up what you want to do and how it'd work to propose at the meeting.

Just now, rackcs said:

I think it's mostly a unique issue this year due to the shrinking cap we had leading to depth issues across the league. Ina normal year, it's just important to invest in depth for the team for stuff like this or just hope you get lucky. I don't think it's been this bad in year's past.

You are probably right.  Also seems to be more injuries this year that aren't landing on IR.

Just wanna see if there isn't something we could do to prevent this in the future.  It was just a thought so I don't have anything written yet or even worked out any details.

3 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I think it's mostly a unique issue this year due to the shrinking cap we had leading to depth issues across the league. Ina normal year, it's just important to invest in depth for the team for stuff like this or just hope you get lucky. I don't think it's been this bad in year's past.

This. We don't need a practice squad. We have a large squad. Some teams just chose to not get depth and paid the price by not having it nor money for waivers.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Lol...that's part of it.  Not really cap hell but bulk of roster is locked.  Just feel we could come up with a better solution to make it easier to field starters without dismantling what you currently have with waivers.

It might help if RFAs and ERFAs that were just signed back to your own team could be traded or cut. But maybe not until the season starts, to cut down on sign and trades.

Edited by LAOJoe

24 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

It might help if RFAs and ERFAs that were just signed back to your own team could be traded or cut. But maybe not until the season starts, to cut down on sign and trades.

I like this.  Gotta run some errands but will be back on later this evening to discuss.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ny92mike said:

Us too.  Waivers doesn't really resolve the issue.  It shouldn't be this hard to field a starting line up.

If there is an owners meeting I'd at least like to propose the idea.

It's a trade-off of depth vs top-end talent. This is completely normal and exactly the same way the NFL works. See: LA Rams.

I don't think you're gonna get much support for this.

20 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Thats the right move.  Gives them more wiggle room and keeps the Dolphins off a back to back Sunday night 

Yeah, Titans-Chargers would’ve had the same issue. 

I also think a combo of the Dolphins performance vs SF (Tua’s injury at the end included) and NYG/WAS tying made it the best decision possible. Plus NFC East teams usually sell.

3 hours ago, Blue said:

Except it ******* is and given Scoundrel asked about changing his vote at the end of that tie, the only person who can claim they should have won that matchup is me.

Eh, We can agree to disagree but the fact ia, you didnt win and in our last 6 meetings, whether you like it or not, you beat me 1 time. 

The only reason scoundrel wanted to change his vote is because of an error I made in my gameplan without that error I probably win. In fact I did just about bet on it. It seems to be something personal with you that you need to believe that you are better than me in every way as a person, As a BDL owner, And with your team.

The reality is we won't know the answer to that question this season beyond the 2 games that have already been played, considering our next matchup, i literally wont have a starting QB.

But man you do whatever you gotta do and you believe whatever you gotta believe that helps you sleep at night.

But I keep coming back to this and you haven't even acknowledged yet because God forbid if blue admitted he was wrong. But you swore up-and-down my team was gonna suck this season, I was gonna finish dead last in the division, You were wrong.

I f****** won this Division, Better lock next year

Just now, Blue said:

It's ******* not. One of the people who voted for you in the tie asked if he could change his vote after the fact. You are objectively wrong.

But he couldnt, And as I said it was because of an error I made in the wording in my game plan. Had I not made the wording error that question would never have been posed and I most likely get additional votes. When you dig a little deeper it is very subjective.

I get where you are coming from, But if people truly thought you were the better team you would have won. To be fair the same can be said about my team and that is fine. 

But in the 2nd match up I did win.

And just like I said it was going to go, Despite you trying to convince yourself I would finish dead last in the division, I won that b****.