BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

I enjoy the personal natural of this league. It’s refreshing to see competitiveness boil over. I’m especially enjoying watching Wes continue to talk crap when we likely get him  next week without a quarterback. My “motivation” section will be as professional and extensive as his was last time. I’m probably even going to put out a bounty on Derrick Henry as well, I’m between having my guys fake cramps.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I enjoy the personal natural of this league. It’s refreshing to see competitiveness boil over. I’m especially enjoying watching Wes continue to talk crap when we likely get him  next week without a quarterback. My “motivation” section will be as professional and extensive as his was last time. I’m probably even going to put out a bounty on Derrick Henry as well, I’m between having my guys fake cramps.

Just kidding about the bounty.

His 75 rushes for 208 yards the last 4 weeks aren’t going to scare anyone. We want him in the game.

Lucky for us, we aren’t going to be nearby as horrendous as JAX will be this Sunday.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

The funny part about the motivation section and the whole professionalism bit is that the level of disrespect aimed at me and my team from Blue in the first matchup was a new level of sad.

Also, I've already stated you guys are getting a free win next week because i won't have a QB, but by all means brag like you'll "earn" a win.

I have no problem suggesting, with all the Free Wins Cancun, Flint, and Raleigh got this season, I'm the only team in the division who actually had to face real competition the majority of the season and STILL won the division. 

Its unfortunate Zach Wilson will be my week 14 starter, but it is what is.

20 minutes ago, Jlash said:

This, I repeat, will NOT be good for the league. haha

😂 

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

The funny part about the motivation section and the whole professionalism bit is that the level of disrespect aimed at me and my team from Blue in the first matchup was a new level of sad.

Then take it out on him and not me tbh

Also, I've already stated you guys are getting a free win next week because i won't have a QB, but by all means brag like you'll "earn" a win.

Injuries are part of the game just like when I was missing 2 starting DE, 2 starting LB, a starting CB, and a starting S. Go somewhere else for sympathy. You had no problem bragging about your last “blowout win” then. Practice what you preach.

I have no problem suggesting, with all the Free Wins Cancun, Flint, and Raleigh got this season, I'm the only team in the division who actually had to face real competition the majority of the season and STILL won the division. 

*World’s smallest violin plays sadly in the background 🎻 🎶 🎼 🎵 

Its unfortunate Zach Wilson will be my week 14 starter, but it is what is.

Nah. Depth is important. That’s what you’ve told us for 3 years.

11 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

😂

Then take it out on him and not me tbh

Injuries are part of the game just like when I was missing 2 starting DE, 2 starting LB, a starting CB, and a starting S. Go somewhere else for sympathy. You had no problem bragging about your last “blowout win” then. Practice what you preach.

*World’s smallest violin plays sadly in the background 🎻 🎶 🎼 🎵 

Nah. Depth is important. That’s what you’ve told us for 3 years.

I agree. Obviously id hoped wnd expected Zach Wilson to be a decent QB, I was wrong. Im not looking for Sympathy. 

Youre right, injuries are a part of it. Some you can get around, some you cant. 

As far as taking it out on him & not you,  you inserted yourself into this conversation

6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I agree. Obviously id hoped wnd expected Zach Wilson to be a decent QB, I was wrong. Im not looking for Sympathy. 

Youre right, injuries are a part of it. Some you can get around, some you cant. 

As far as taking it out on him & not you,  you inserted yourself into this conversation

You made it about me with your last gameplan and other comments directed at me in GDT and discord. I don’t have an issue with you taking that stance, but by doing so, you put a competitive target on your own back. Purely BDL speaking, I’m going to relish that opportunity and the fallout.

I have nothing against you or anyone else in this league IRL.

Expect words like “unimpressive”, “overrated”, and “bulletin board material” with verbatim quotes from you to be used. That’s what I’d do in real life with my squad. 

If there is actually beef here on anyone’s account, it’s not on my end.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

You made it about me with your last gameplan and other comments directed at me in GDT and discord. I don’t have an issue with you taking that stance, but by doing so, you put a competitive target on your own back. Purely BDL speaking, I’m going to relish that opportunity and the fallout.

I have nothing against you or anyone else in this league IRL.

Expect words like “unimpressive”, “overrated”, and “bulletin board material” with verbatim quotes from you to be used. That’s what I’d do in real life with my squad. 

If there is actually beef here on anyone’s account, it’s not on my end.

Idc what you guys put in your gameplan if you need bulletin board material I meam, maybe look at that as to why you didnt win the division.

As far as my players being overratee, you guys seem to think everyone not the Cancun baby lizards is overrated so I take that with a grain of salt 

6 hours ago, Blue said:

It's a trade-off of depth vs top-end talent. This is completely normal and exactly the same way the NFL works. See: LA Rams.

I don't think you're gonna get much support for this.

I wouldn't say it's exactly the way the nfl operates, but if you and others are fine with it I won't make a stink about it.

27 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I wouldn't say it's exactly the way the nfl operates, but if you and others are fine with it I won't make a stink about it.

The one significant difference is even with waiver claims after 3 weeks of being on the active roster they become cuttable in the NFL. I think if we were to find an improvement it is possible that this Avenue could be something to explore