BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

If PFF, which is utter trash, is your gauge for how good or bad Andre James is, he sucks.

However, if you actually research him, you'll find that Judon, a good pass rusher, and James, possibly a top 5 NFL Center, for Rodney Hudson is not remotely a balanced trade .

You'd put James over at least three of Ryan Jensen, Corey Linsley, Erik McCoy, Creed Humphrey, Jason Kelce, JC Tretter, and Rodney Hudson?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blue said:

You'd put James over at least three of Ryan Jensen, Corey Linsley, Erik McCoy, Creed Humphrey, Jason Kelce, JC Tretter, and Rodney Hudson?

I'm saying that's his trajectory. Not where he is this moment.

Hudson & Kelce are probably not far off from retirement. 

So I'd say Top 7 for James is more accurate.

11 minutes ago, RedGold said:

What’s wild is I’ve been trying to throw James into any deal as just a throw away.. and no one wanted him.  Now that I traded him he’s a top 5 center.  

3 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

David Andrews continues to be underrated I see

You mean the voting-style league I hadn’t participated in for probably a decade wasn’t perfected in all that time? 

Perhaps I should spend more time with my wife instead of trying to win votes in a subjective fantasy league...

Im Not No Way GIF

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, RedGold said:

What’s wild is I’ve been trying to throw James into any deal as just a throw away.. and no one wanted him.  Now that I traded him he’s a top 5 center.  

I'm simply saying I think that's his trajectory.

He could easily show this season that he is a flop. We really never how how these trades work out until about midseason.

8 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

He could easily show this season that he is a flop. We really never how how these trades work out until about midseason.

Wasn’t a shot at you specifically.   I was just shocked anyone felt him included in that deal was worth mentioning.    My exact words to Blue were;  I have Judon valued slightly higher than Hudson,  if you want to take on James contract I’d call that an even deal.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, RedGold said:

Wasn’t a shot at you specifically.   I was just shocked anyone felt him included in that deal was worth mentioning.    My exact words to Blue were;  I have Judon valued slightly higher than Hudson,  if you want to take on James contract I’d call that an even deal.  

And I can respect that. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Yeah, that was kind of the point I was trying to make. He wouldn't be the first player to flop after half a season of quality play.

• Like 2