BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

Just now, Scoundrel said:

K’Lavon and CJ Henderson drafted by them in 2020...

Trevor drafted by them in 2021

Need to be really careful with this #2 pick I have and cross my fingers

I mean Chaisson and Taven Bryan were both 1st round picks by this team and have 7.5 sacks over 94 combined games played. CJ Henderson was traded after a year. They spent a 1st round pick on a running back when they had a 1000 yard rookie rusher as arguably their best returning skill player. It isn't hard to see why this team is bad.

• Like 1

Just now, Blue said:

I have a good friend who is a Jags fan and I just feel so sorry for him on an annual basis.

Here's the thing. Take a moment (all of you) and think about how far back the most vet player on your favorite team was drafted by your favorite team.

Then think about the fact the Jags have just 5 players on their roster, I'll go back to 2014 which is 8 years ago. (they've got none on the roster before that anyway) test they've drafted in the 1st round in the last 8 years.

All 5 were drafted from 2018 on. The earliest of them, Taven Bryan is nothing more than a depth dude.

The others Chaisson, Lawrence, Ettiene, Josh Allen.

• Like 1

Just now, Blue said:

I mean Chaisson and Taven Bryan were both 1st round picks by this team and have 7.5 sacks over 94 combined games played. CJ Henderson was traded after a year. They spent a 1st round pick on a running back when they had a 1000 yard rookie rusher as arguably their best returning skill player. It isn't hard to see why this team is bad.

Oh I forgot. I drafted Bryan too lmao

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Imagine how much better the Jags would be if they had just paid Yannick Ngakoue, Jalen Ramsey, and Allen Robinson. Quietly one of the cheapest teams in the league.

They wouldn’t be in the position to draft Trevor.

Speaking of Minshew, he’s textbook of how the game has changed. 

Career stats include 93.9 passer rating, 41-12 TD:INT ratio, and over 63 percent completion percentage.

Urban Meyer probably glossed over those numbers and decided a QB competition was best for all parties.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Feels like I'd rather have Trey Lance and a real team around him than...well, what they've done to poor Trevor Lawrence.

If Lance is good, SF has a real shot to make the Super Bowl next year.

Actually getting the first pick again after having a dynamic talent at QB seems hard to do.

• Like 2