BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

bcb pre mock name draft, East west shrine bowl edition (my favorite names I've seen so far)

1.1 Cancun- Jameson Williams  WR Alabama.  Nothing goes down easier than Jameson
1.2 Anchorage- Kayvon Thibodeaux Edge Oregon   Anyone with a Y and and X in their name gets consideration
1.3 Gotham- Chris Paul G Tulsa   CP3!  man is he small for an o lineman though
1.4 Antarctica- DeMarvin Neal Edge Texas AM   He's not just Marvin, he's DeMarvin
1.5 Rome- wan;Dale Robinson WR Kentucky   Obi Wan dale!
1.6 Lancaster- Boye Mafe-  Edge Minnesota.  He's a man amongst Boye's!  I'll see myself out
1.7 Anchorage- Ikem Ekwonu OL NC State   I mean, yea
1.8 Cuba- Sauce Gardner CB Cincinnati The dudes name is Sauce!
1.9 Anchorage- Darrian Beavers  LB Cincy.  I heart beavers, no explanation needed
1.10 IC- Jamaree Salyer OG  UGA   That's my jam
1.11 Raleigh- OT Lecitus Smith  VA Teach-   Lecitus bow our heads and pray
1.12 Seoul- Trent McDuffie CB UW  I don't know why but McDuffle makes me chuckle
1.13 Camden- Ja'Tyre Carter OT Southern-  I would never get Ja'Tyred of this guy!
1.14 Camden- Nicholas Petit Free  OT Ohio St.  He's French for small which is funny for an OT
1.15 Seoul- Phidarian Mathis DT Alabama.  Alright, how high do you have to be to come up with Phidarian.  Like were his two daddy options Phil and Darian and you just combined them or what
1.16 Berlin- Smoke Monday- S Auburn  Rags wants the Smoke!

This is actually pretty accurate for my board except give me McDuffie at 9. 

15 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

People who just say Ridley quit on the team without really knowing his situation show that they don't know a thing about the effects of mental health issues. 

I won’t comment on Ridley, as I don’t pretend to know him. 

But people use the mental health card to get out of stuff they don’t want to do all the time.   Some are legit,  some it’s just an easy card that no one will question 

Edited by RedGold

54 minutes ago, RedGold said:

I won’t comment on Ridley, as I don’t pretend to know him. 

But people use the mental health card to get out of stuff they don’t want to do all the time.   Some are legit,  some it’s just an easy card that no one will question 

I think that's true to be honest. Having said that, as someone who does know first hand, I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt until they prove they don't deserve it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I think that's true to be honest. Having said that, as someone who does know first hand, I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt until they prove they don't deserve it. 

As someone should. But yeah he does have a point and the people who do that really take away from the seriousness of the struggle for those who really do have those issues. It’s awful.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

People who just say Ridley quit on the team without really knowing his situation show that they don't know a thing about the effects of mental health issues. 

I hope I'm wrong but if he gets traded this offseason, that'll be a clear answer he just didn't want to be there