BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

3 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Holy crap that forum is full on depression inducing.

There are still some people posting despite the ridiculous spam bots lol in the main NFL forum there is a stickied 2020 NFL discussion thread that still gets a few posters it looks like. One of whom is Johnnyallstar. Someone needs to tell him to migrate over here.

The most recent comment, from a douchy Steelers fan I remember all too well:

"Flores is a ******. The Rooneys need to take their bleeding hearts, polish them nice and shiny, turn them sideways, and stick them straight up their candy *****."

Never change WF, never change

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

I’m taking him at 2. You had Zaven Collins over Micah Parsons also... time to make the smart play. 

I had Parsons over Collins and we talked about that. I thought about drafting Collins but opted not to and you did (smart decision). In retrospect I'm hopeful Collins actually lives up to expectations. 

The questions about Parsons were never about his athleticism, edge and off ball ability, or anything like that. He was pretty uncoachable in his younger years and had some work ethic and character concerns. It really depends upon how people want to gauge the “floor” portion. See: Reuben Foster

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Yeah it is.

17 minutes ago, rackcs said:

There are still some people posting despite the ridiculous spam bots lol in the main NFL forum there is a stickied 2020 NFL discussion thread that still gets a few posters it looks like. One of whom is Johnnyallstar. Someone needs to tell him to migrate over here.

"Flores is a ******. The Rooneys need to take their bleeding hearts, polish them nice and shiny, turn them sideways, and stick them straight up their candy *****."

I've gone over there a couple times to invite them, but the last couple posters seem to enjoy the post-apocalyptic desolation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

The questions about Parsons were never about his athleticism, edge and off ball ability, or anything like that. He was pretty uncoachable in his younger years and had some work ethic and character concerns. It really depends upon how people want to gauge the “floor” portion. See: Reuben Foster

You left out opt out. Plenty of players had risks last year. You swing and you either hit or miss. That’s the draft baby. And then supposed safe prospects like Aaron Curry aren’t safe after all. 

32 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

You left out opt out. Plenty of players had risks last year. You swing and you either hit or miss. That’s the draft baby. And then supposed safe prospects like Aaron Curry aren’t safe after all. 

Off ball linebackers are also not going to be valued as much today for those exact reasons. Fair or not positional value factors in.

3 hours ago, rackcs said:

I actually think this TE class has good depth but not good high end talent. As for who TE1 is, that's really up in there air right now. McBride, Ruckert, Dulcich, Likely are all names I've heard. Some I've seen say Wydermyer but some of the more connected draft analysts have said that most NFL people don't view him that highly.

Guess I misremembered, maybe I did accept a move down offer after all. If I did it was definitely not a good deal. 

After some googling, I could not find the draft itself but I did find the deal after all.

https://forum.walterfootball.com/forum/walterfootball-com-forums/forum-mock-draft-forum/28718-bdl-2013-transactions?p=2498421#post2498421

So I did not take Lotulelei first overall like I thought, turns out it was actually sixth overall. Much better.

3 hours ago, Jlash said:

I briefly scrolled through that thread and we’ve been the Cuba Smugglers for a long time.

Also cool to revisit Sancho/mdb when they were part of this.

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I was super anti Foster for those off-field concerns. I had them with Parsons but year 1 was a success.

Parsons is also 1st team athletic specimen in the NFL too.

3 hours ago, rackcs said:

I normally stay from these convos and for good reason.

14 minutes ago, MD4L said:

I was super anti Foster for those off-field concerns. I had them with Parsons but year 1 was a success.

Parsons is also 1st team athletic specimen in the NFL too.

I was out on Foster after his positive test at the combine, and that never had anything to do with weed. It shows how serious you take the biggest job interview of your life when you know you’re getting tested.

It would be like me or anyone else showing up to a job interview with alcohol on our breath in jeans and a t shirt.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, wwhickok said:

That's a good point. They also drafted Tyson Alualu, Dante Fowler, and a few others that were huge busts (based on draft position). So they haven't always missed but they've missed a lot there.

That's BDL stud and current hot name on the trade block Dante Fowler to you