BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I guess someone doesn’t consider gambling addiction a mental health issue.

I think you answered my question here. And who is to say he’s an addict? Gambling on games is beyond unethical and I’m not willing to make him a victim here any more than Art Schlichter or Pete Rose.

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

but it certainly isn’t necessarily what we were lead to believe 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I think you answered my question here. And who is to say he’s an addict? Gambling on games is beyond unethical and I’m not willing to make him a victim here any more than Art Schlichter or Pete Rose.

We can’t but risking your multi million dollar future is certainly addict like behavior 

It was over a five day span? Hmmm Manic phase maybe? Would link to real mental health issues if so. Not trying to say one way or the other just speculating which I don’t know him so this comment won’t hurt either way. And I’m a Scoundrel now after all so...

• Like 1

Itll be interesting to see the time period he bet over, how many times he bet, how much he bet, and whether he played in any games he bet on.

If he bet large sums on only games he played in, the gambling addiction argument falls flat.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

It was over a five day span? Hmmm Manic phase maybe? Would link to real mental health issues if so. Not trying to say one way or the other just speculating which I don’t know him so this comment won’t hurt either way. And I’m a Scoundrel now after all so...

I'm gonna assume it was more than 5 days, but that's what they can easily prove, and all they need at this juncture

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Itll be interesting to see the time period he bet over, how many times he bet, how much he bet, and whether he played in any games he bet on.

If he bet large sums on only games he played in, the gambling addiction argument falls flat.

it was after he left the team, so no games played in.  Whether they were Falcons games or not would be an interesting thing to know however

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Damn. Ridley saying he bet $1,500 total. And he'll lose a year for it.

I'd bet $1500 itll get reduced to 8 games.  With the gambling money at stake, the NFL is initially throwing the book at the first offender before backing off.

@MD4L?  You got your NFL job to inform us of this stuff.

7 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Question. Does Calvin Ridleys contract now toll to 2023? Idk how that works?

I'm simply asking to decide what I'm doing moving forward. 

to my knowledge no.  Suspended players still accure time if left on a roster.  In real life, teams can get out of/void contracts with a morality clause, i think in regards to suspensions of this length from the comissiioner and most often do

Okay, assuming that Calvin Ridleys suspension is not reduced, this is the answer to my question, according to a related article. 

"The final remaining season on his contract will toll, meaning he will not get paid or count against the Falcons’ salary cap in 2022".

There for, technically after the 2022 season i should still be able to pick up the 5th year option if he returns to football correct?

@bcb1213

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Okay, assuming that Calvin Ridleys suspension is not reduced, this is the answer to my question, according to a related article. 

"The final remaining season on his contract will toll, meaning he will not get paid or count against the Falcons’ salary cap in 2022".

There for, technically after the 2022 season i should still be able to pick up the 5th year option if he returns to football correct?

@bcb1213

I mean technically he will hit FA and someone can sign him.