BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

22 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Someone, I think wwhickok was saying yesterday that he wasn't trusting the times at the combine because they were too fast all across the board. Lance Zierlein on a podcast yesterday said he was asking around at the combine about this, specifically he asked some Lucas Oil stadium people and they said they changed the turf in summer of 2020. So this is the first combine on the new turf. Someone on twitter asks him how much to adjust, he thinks adding .06 to the times would be more accurate. He's a pretty connected guy and talked about how he gets estimates from trainers who work with these guys and they were running faster than even some of their own trainers thought. He did also say that he expected this to be a very fast class in general with all of the track guys (shout out I believe redgold for bringing that up) but not this fast.

I was waiting for something like this. Spoils the fun a bit but I expected something. Looking at the simulcam of Donald, Davis and JJ Watt. Donald ran a 4.68 Davis a 4.78 and Watt a 4.91. Donald is much further away at the end of that race from Davis than Davis is in front of Watt. So a 4.84 (still incredibly impressive at that size) would distance him further from Donald and put him closer to Watt.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

I was waiting for something like this. Spoils the fun a bit but I expected something. Looking at the simulcam of Donald, Davis and JJ Watt. Donald ran a 4.68 Davis a 4.78 and Watt a 4.91. Donald is much further away at the end of that race from Davis than Davis is in front of Watt. So a 4.84 (still incredibly impressive at that size) would distance him further from Donald and put him closer to Watt.

Right, that's the big thing is that all of the guys who ran fast are still really fast. Davis is still a freak for that run (and the new turf wouldn't affect his insane broad jump or vertical either). Just something to keep in mind when comparing to past draft classes. 

One other thing they mentioned that was interesting is all the agents who told their guys to wait to run the 40 at their pro day are probably kicking themselves after seeing how fast everyone ran on the combine turf.

• Like 2

Just now, RedGold said:

I'll take credit for it.   But it was mainly Scoundrel questioning it in here.    

I was talking about Hamilton running his 40 like my stumbling into Taco Bell at 3am.

And then you looked like Jordan Davis running to the toilet after?

37 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

So what I'm hearing is Burks truly ran a 4.61 40 time, to go with his 32 inch vertical?

Nice. First round pick right there.

To go with elite tape he's definitely an IRL first rounder. How high is the question.

Good luck trying to press him and he's going to be tough in the Red Zone. He reminds me a lot of a slightly more athletic and slightly bigger Anquan Boldin. He's going to be great RAC due to his sheer physicality, with the ceiling of T.O.

Is he flawless? No

Is he still a very good size/athletic ability WR? Yes

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

To go with elite tape he's definitely an IRL first rounder. How high is the question.

Good luck trying to press him and he's going to be tough in the Red Zone. He reminds me a lot of a slightly more athletic and slightly bigger Anquan Boldin. He's going to be great RAC due to his sheer physicality, with the ceiling of T.O.

Is he flawless? No

Is he still a very good size/athletic ability WR? Yes

I read the Burks/Boldin comp yesterday and I think it's actually a really good one.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I read the Burks/Boldin comp yesterday and I think it's actually a really good one.

Somebody all ready made that comp? UGH come on I thought I thought that one up all by myself. I'm going to go sulk for a bit...

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

So what I'm hearing is Burks truly ran a 4.61 40 time, to go with his 32 inch vertical?

Nice. First round pick right there.

Don’t worry if Burks is there at 9 I’ll take him before your pick and you can have another talent fall to you

• Like 2