BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

11 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Misremembered that one. And I also misread Ruskie's original point entirely. I thought he was saying that he took guys who people said should switch to TE when he was just saying he's done good with mid-round receivers. So just ignore most of that post entirely.

For every 2nd or 3rd day pick that hits like A.B., Metcalf, Brown, I'll raise you a Brian Robiskie, Mohammad Massqauois, Greg Little, Quincy Morgan, or any other Browns 2nd-7th Round draft pick.

Chase, Moss, Rice, Carter, Holt, Megatron, and plenty of other dudes were 1st Rounders.

Let's not completely kid ourselves here.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

For every 2nd or 3rd day pick that hits like A.B., Metcalf, Brown, I'll raise you a Brian Robiskie, Mohammad Massqauois, Greg Little, Quincy Morgan, or any other Browns 2nd-7th Round draft pick.

Chase, Moss, Rice, Carter, Holt, Megatron, and plenty of other dudes were 1st Rounders.

It's just like every other position (except mostly QB) where you can potentially find quality starters in any round. It's half scouting, half luck.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

It's just like every other position (except mostly QB) where you can potentially find quality starters in any round. It's half scouting, half luck.

It would be like me saying that 6th Round QB's/UDFAs are the sweet spot because of TB12 and Kurt Warner when about 30% or more of Super Bowls have been won by the #1 overall pick as a QB.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

The Steelers would like a word with you about WRs not drafted in round 1.

Just now, MD4L said:

The Steelers would like a word with you about WRs not drafted in round 1.

I would argue a few things:

1. They are the outlier, not necessarily the norm.

2. Having a HOF QB certainly helped with some of that. While AB would have been great regardless, it's hard to project that elsewhere.

Guys I mentioned above and currently DeAndre Hopkins (1st), Devante Adams (2nd), Deebo (36th overall), Jefferson, Chase, etc. show that the general trend would lean towards having a higher success rate.

Sure, guys like Kupp and Diggs were 3rd/5th Rounders, and then Tyreke Hill who only fell due to major character concerns, but I'd still say that USUALLY those guys are outliers.

Also, some organizations and scouting matter more than others.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I would argue a few things:

1. They are the outlier, not necessarily the norm.

2. Having a HOF QB certainly helped with some of that. While AB would have been great regardless, it's hard to project that elsewhere.

Guys I mentioned above and currently DeAndre Hopkins (1st), Devante Adams (2nd), Deebo (36th overall), Jefferson, Chase, etc. show that the general trend would lean towards having a higher success rate.

Sure, guys like Kupp and Diggs were 3rd/5th Rounders, and then Tyreke Hill who only fell due to major character concerns, but I'd still say that USUALLY those guys are outliers.

Also, some organizations and scouting matter more than others.

You could make a case pre Jeudy year, WRs on day 2 had better hit rates then day 1, and particularly compared to other positions.

Non Round 1 premium WRs

BUF: Diggs
NYJ: Moore (potential based)
PIT: Johnson
CIN: Higgins, (Boyd is very solid but not premium)
IND: Pittman
TEN: Brown
KC: Hill
LV: Renfrow (not WR1 by any means, but he’s top 4 slot only right now)
DEN: Sutton
WAS: McLaurin
GB: Adams
CHI: Robinson (his current effectiveness is in question, career production is not)
DET: St.Brown
TB: Godwin
NO: Thomas (see: CHI: Robinson)
SEA: Lockett, Metcalf
LA: Kupp, Woods
SF: Deebo

Now I do think QB plays a big role capturing upside but if you compared WRs drafted in round 1 and 2, the amount of stars (top 10 talents) would be roughly equal. Outside of premium positions (QB, LT, Edge, CB) I’d wager the hit rates to be eerily similar. Also didn’t include undrafted guys like Thielen.

2 minutes ago, RedGold said:

When you said Love could still be traded to NO or Wash.    Was going to respond and say I had a feeling Denver was very likely.  

Wilson is quite an upgrade to say the least.

I guess this means Seattle will be the first team to take a QB. I’ve heard they like Corral a lot.