BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

1 hour ago, RTTRUTH said:

Walker Little is a starting tackle. I’m of the belief that if you’re spending #1 overall on a tackle he’s going to start for you. So why pay an average backup or G $16 Million? 

Walker Little has started four games in the past three years.

Besides which, if they really believed in Little at left tackle, they'd let Robinson walk and go with Little. The fact that they're not speaks volumes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Walker Little has started four games in the past three years.

Besides which, if they really believed in Little at left tackle, they'd let Robinson walk and go with Little. The fact that they're not speaks volumes.

Every Jags fan I’ve heard from thinks Little is legit. And better suited on the left side. I mean time will tell. Just with plenty of cap space for free agency, and premium position with all your draft picks, I can’t see another reason you franchise tag Cam Robinson unless you want to consider one hole plugged so you can throw your assets (-$16,000,000 in cap space) at another position.

3 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

Every Jags fan I’ve heard from thinks Little is legit.

Man, I'mma be honest, I stopped reading here

Jags fans on this site were also convinced Urban Meyer had a single iota of a clue about how to run an NFL team

Edited by Blue
  • Like 3

Just now, Blue said:

Jags fans on this site were also convinced Urban Meyer had a single iota of a clue about how to run an NFL team

Not saying I trust them all. But the ones I do watch the Jags much more closely than I, and they all agreed on Little. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RTTRUTH said:

Not saying I trust them all. But the ones I do watch the Jags much more closely than I, and they all agreed on Little. 

again, four starts in the last three years and only 3 of them were with Jacksonville. If the team really thought Little was anything, they wouldn't be paying Cam Robinson franchise tag 2.0 money. That's my opinion on it, anyways.

Edited by Blue

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Man I gotta convince people weekly Lucas Niang isn’t a future All Pro at LT.  Or Cornell Powell wasn’t inactive all year just because he didn’t know the playbook.

In general, it’s just best to avoid all fan bases for opinions on newly acquired guys. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Who does everyone thing the Jaguars take at 1? Because that is the player I don’t want to draft 

Kayvon still for me if they don’t trade.  Baalke has picked an edge every time he’s in the top 10 aside from Lawrence, and I think he’s taken a Pac12 player in the first 2 days in every draft but 2.

Edited by RedGold
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Scoundrel said:

Who does everyone thing the Jaguars take at 1? Because that is the player I don’t want to draft 

While I think Hutchinson is a safe pick, I believe drafting a defensive player (unless he’s annual all pro and Aaron Donald/Garrett/Watt level of performance) is not best for the team.

But an edge seems likely. Hutchinson looks like he’s got a great personality. Probably made teams very comfortable in interviews. Seems like the move Jacksonville will end up making.

• Like 1