BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

6 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I think honestly the top prospects are decent prospects, they're just not sure fire top guys. Like I could see Willis, Corral, Pickett, Howell, Ridder, even Strong all succeeding in the league to some degree or flaming out. I think they all have starter potential but it's just about who is going to end up in the best environments to succeed.

I think all these guys have many more warts than your normal mid-1st QBs.  I lean them closer to Ponder than Mac Jones.

12 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I think honestly the top prospects are decent prospects, they're just not sure fire top guys. Like I could see Willis, Corral, Pickett, Howell, Ridder, even Strong all succeeding in the league to some degree or flaming out. I think they all have starter potential but it's just about who is going to end up in the best environments to succeed.

Willis has legitimate upside. Legit floor too. If you’re Allen/Wentz fans tag him along, if you think they’re exception to QBs in non P5 you’re probably not a fan.

I like Howell and Pickett a lot. Like Willis they’ve got clean off field records; leadership skills and some things they do on film translates to the NFL (Howell in particular)

Corral and Ridder are against the grain for me. Not their biggest fans. Will require good coaching and supreme talent around them. I need to see the growth to think they’re franchise worthy or more then transition QBs.

You’re shooting a real shot with Carson Strong in BDL. NFL worthy for sure but seems more backup QB type.

Edited by MD4L
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Shark tank will be QB2, and presumable QB1 depending on whether actual QB1 is eligible to play. Carr did get us a good return for a shark tank addition.

Not drafting anyone first 3 rounds unless trades are made to move down.

Shark Tank is the other big thing along with also guys like Brady being available too. That's my whole point though is that there are so few people who have any sort of QB need and there's a ton of QBs in this class who aren't good enough to be sure fire guys so I think we'll see them slip a little bit.

13 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I think all these guys have many more warts than your normal mid-1st QBs.  I lean them closer to Ponder than Mac Jones.

I think Willis, Pickett, Corral, Howell, and Ridder have more upside than Ponder ever did. I do agree they all have warts but I think there's legit upside to all of them, some more than others.

10 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Willis has legitimate upside. Legit floor too. If you’re Allen/Wentz fans tag him along, if you think they’re exception to QBs in non P5 you’re probably not a fan.

I like Howell and Pickett a lot. Like Willis they’ve got clean off field records; leadership skills and some things they do on film translates to the NFL (Howell in particular)

Corral and Ridder are against the grain for me. Not their biggest fans. Will require good coaching and supreme talent around them. I need to see the growth to think they’re franchise worthy or more then transition QBs.

You’re shooting a real shot with Carson Strong in BDL. NFL worthy for sure but seems more backup QB type.

Corral is my top guy. He's going to take time adjusting to NFL offensive schemes but he's got a lot of toughness and competitiveness. He had to make quick decisions and reads in his offense so even though he's not good at reading the field in the traditional way, there are translatable traits. I think if you can simplify your offense year 1 and tailor it to him and then slowly add to you, you could have a really good QB on your hands.