BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

2 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

i think this is one of those rare trades where both teams lose

I feel like it’s just super unrealistic expectations for the Dolphins. They’ve drastically improved their team from the 9-8 & 10-6 squads in the last two years. Still, the two important questions for them are

1) Can they win the AFC East
2) Are they good enough to make the playoffs

I would say no to question 1 unless Tua literally becomes a top 10 level QB.

2: Bills, Patriots, Ravens, Bengals, Steelers, Colts, Chargers, Chiefs, Broncos, Raiders 

are some difficult hurdles to overcome. Not counting Cleveland or Titans (think they’re due for regression). I can’t definitively call Miami a top 7 AFC team.

So if it’s a bust, unsure how they’ll pivot beyond here. 

4 minutes ago, MD4L said:

I can’t quite call the Raiders a playoff team either but that’s another story.

Somewhere JoeLegend is speechless.

6 minutes ago, MD4L said:

I feel like it’s just super unrealistic expectations for the Dolphins. They’ve drastically improved their team from the 9-8 & 10-6 squads in the last two years. Still, the two important questions for them are

1) Can they win the AFC East
2) Are they good enough to make the playoffs

I would say no to question 1 unless Tua literally becomes a top 10 level QB.

2: Bills, Patriots, Ravens, Bengals, Steelers, Colts, Chargers, Chiefs, Broncos, Raiders 

are some difficult hurdles to overcome. Not counting Cleveland or Titans (think they’re due for regression). I can’t definitively call Miami a top 7 AFC team.

So if it’s a bust, unsure how they’ll pivot beyond here. 

i mean its hard to put 4 afc west teams in so i get the raiders thing.  Also the titans are inthe playoff convo based on just having the jags and texans in their division

i just don't get what miami is doing.  You have Waddle, parker and just spent on Cedrick Wilson with Geslecki.  Why all in on Hill, mind boggling.  Their cap hell is gonna be fun to watch in future years between hill and armstead this offseason