BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

20 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I was not.  Scoundrel isn't moving up either.  Md4l wants to trade back.

So your viable options are Whicker, pickle, or bcb.  Bcb doesn't usually trade up and you already traded with Whicker...so i guess all you'd need is @Pickle Rick to say he isn't moving up and you don't need to wait anymore.  

You're welcome for the time I just saved you.

I'm more than willing to move up depending on price if @Blue wants to send me an offer.  It's baseball season so im not actively going to seek trades but welcome someone else doing the work lol. 

Rumor:

The Raleigh Firebirds have two deals for the number 11 pick in place contingent on the board. They are highly motivated to move from the pick into the end of the 1st and early 2nd to pick up more draft capital if none of their very specific targets are on the board. They are patiently waiting by the phone to see if any other teams want to hammer out a deal for pick 11.

Happy Spongebob Squarepants GIF

• Like 2

20 hours ago, MD4L said:

I think the combine he shined, his athletic profile looks good. He can run if he struggles as a passer early in his career and he’s got the “winner” identification about him. I’d be shocked if he isn't a first rounder and think he’ll challenge to be the 3rd QB drafted this year. Getting to Pickett isn’t the most difficult challenge as it stands.

I don't disagree with any of this, but in my mind, all this was already known. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

I don't disagree with any of this, but in my mind, all this was already known. 

I posted several weeks ago a pretty nonchalant evaluation about Ridder. After more evaluations and insight on what teams like a lot has changed. Sub 4.5 speed also translates to the pros and that’ll be of major importance if he’s not a refined passer early in his career.

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

After more evaluations and insight on what teams like a lot has changed.

For you. I'm saying for lots of people this has been the case. An experienced starter with a good arm and plus mobility, some streaky accuracy issues but shows the potential to hone that in. He shows really good control of his offense and is clearly the alpha on a team of really tough dudes.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jlash said:

For you. I'm saying for lots of people this has been the case. An experienced starter with a good arm and plus mobility, some streaky accuracy issues but shows the potential to hone that in. He shows really good control of his offense and is clearly the alpha on a team of really tough dudes.

Yeah I understand you. That Zac Taylor stamp approval is of much greater significance considering what the Bengals accomplished this year too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

Yeah I understand you. That Zac Taylor stamp approval is of much greater significance considering what the Bengals accomplished this year too.

There's boom or bust potential for sure. If he keeps the accuracy improving I think he's a great prospect.

3 minutes ago, Jlash said:

There's boom or bust potential for sure. If he keeps the accuracy improving I think he's a great prospect.

I didn’t think this was possible seven weeks ago, but I’ve got him over Howell right now.

I would say him jumping over Pickett is a matter of time for pre-draft purposes on my board.

Just now, MD4L said:

I didn’t think this was possible seven weeks ago, but I’ve got him over Howell right now.

I would say him jumping over Pickett is a matter of time for pre-draft purposes on my board.

I don't have him jumping anyone at this point because no one has proved anything differently in my mind in the pre-draft process.

All of them have some flaws.

Just now, Jlash said:

I don't have him jumping anyone at this point because no one has proved anything differently in my mind in the pre-draft process.

All of them have some flaws.

I use most of the season as a fan so my big board may have drastic changes. I would say I overvalue the combine but it’s a nice compliment to the overall picture. We never get access to interviews but I value a guy who across the board receives praise. Imperfect process but we all modify in some capacity.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

I use most of the season as a fan so my big board may have drastic changes. I would say I overvalue the combine but it’s a nice compliment to the overall picture. We never get access to interviews but I value a guy who across the board receives praise. Imperfect process but we all modify in some capacity.

Of course, my board moves constantly.

• Like 1