BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

4 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Was Marcus Mariota a bust?

I invested a heavy amount of resources to get in last season in the shark tank.

Of course, A) what kind of question is that and B) what does that have to do with Jameis Winston

Just now, MD4L said:

I like Malik Willis. What are you talking about that he’s going to bust/and or not become a solid starter?

I could go down a decently-long list of reasons, several of which are outside of Malik Willis's control

• Like 2

Just now, MD4L said:

I like Malik Willis. What are you talking about that he’s going to bust/and or not become a solid starter?

If I'm gonna waste a pick on a QB in this class, I'm gonna take the one who is going to be entertaining as hell to watch crash and burn.

• Like 2

I think it's a good pick at 32 for sure. Top 10 it's a bit iffy but this late I think he's well worth the gamble with his abilities. And by all accounts he's pretty smart and a hard working guy so I think he could really surprise people by panning out. Certainly risky but I think it's a good pick.

Just now, rackcs said:

I really think this class is just very boom or bust. I think most of the top guys could very easily pan out. It's just hard to say which one(s) that's going to be. A lot of course will depend on the situation they go to.

As long as Mike Zimmer doesn’t decide to keep them as QB2 behind Sean Mannion in win or go home situations, they’ll get a shot. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Of course, A) what kind of question is that and B) what does that have to do with Jameis Winston

I can buy Mariota being a bust, Kevin White from that class too. Winston is a starter in the league and while he hasnt necessarily become #1 overall level of good, he’s not a bust either imo. 

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

As long as Mike Zimmer doesn’t decide to keep them as QB2 behind Sean Mannion in win or go home situations, they’ll get a shot. 

It's not necessarily about getting a shot or not but are they going to go to a dumpster fire situation like the Panthers where their coach is almost certainly fired next year no matter what or will, say, the Steelers take them and provide them with stability and good coaching.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

If I'm gonna waste a pick on a QB in this class, I'm gonna take the one who is going to be entertaining as hell to watch crash and burn.

It’s a good shot he won’t be good early in his career and perhaps you’ll trade him right before he breaks out year 3 ala Josh Allen.

Just now, MD4L said:

I can buy Mariota being a bust, Kevin White from that class too. Winston is a starter in the league and while he hasnt necessarily become #1 overall level of good, he’s not a bust either imo. 

Not living up to one's draft position is the definition of a bust.  He hasn't busted as badly as some other #1 overall QBs to be fair, but still a bust.

Just now, rackcs said:

It's not necessarily about getting a shot or not but are they going to go to a dumpster fire situation like the Panthers where their coach is almost certainly fired next year no matter what or will, say, the Steelers take them and provide them with stability and good coaching.

I definitely used that space to revisit my frustration with Kellen Mond.

Willis is worth the gamble. I get the uncertainty but like you said at pick 32, it’s worth a shot.

• Like 1

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Not living up to one's draft position is the definition of a bust.  He hasn't busted as badly as some other #1 overall QBs to be fair, but still a bust.

I refuse to acknowledge it. Looking forward to his late bloomer status.

• Like 1