BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

1 hour ago, MD4L said:

I’ve enjoyed modest success with Alex Highsmith and Khari Willis becoming quality depth choices. Like PFA’s a lot.

My two best PFA in order 

1. Dalton Schultz- who I wasn’t patient enough with in trusting my tight end evaluation and letting him develop so I let him go. 

2. Jamaal Williams- Who I believe I traded to you for Ronnie Harrison. Good number two back in all facets of the game. 

1.1 Duck Kayvon Thibodeaux
2.4 G Zion Johnson
2.6 WR Chris Olave
3.3 DT Travis Jones
3.5 DW Jalen Pitre
5.13 CB Zyon McCollum
6.14 WR Velus Jones
7.3 TE Charlie Kolar

We actually ended up doing better at filling needs than we thought, and the top 5 picks played out almost exactly like we were hoping; if we had been able to consummate our trade up with MD4L, we would have landed Jordan Davis at 1.8 instead of Travis Jones and Chris Olave, but it all worked out in the end. Would have preferred Metchie at 5.13 and picking up Zach Tom or Pierre Strong at the tail end of the draft would have been ideal, but that's splitting hairs in the later rounds.

I believe we also ended up picking up two 5th round picks next year, bringing us back up to 7 picks in 2023 after trading for Aaron Jones and (I think?) Marcus Williams.

• Like 3

1.2- Aidan Hutchinson Edge UM
1.6- Jordan Davis INT UGA
1.7- Derek Stingley Jr CB LSU 
1.9- Ikem Ekwonu OL NC State
2.8- Jameson Williams WR Bama
6.6- Jamaree Salyer OL UGA
7.7- Isaiah Spiller RB TAMU
7.16- Isaiah Likely TE CC

Well we will see how this crop turns out. Traded more future picks than I had intended to going in but that always happens with me. 

• Like 3