1.14  Edge George Karlaftis

4.4  DL Logan Hall

4.5  OT Bernhard Raimann

5.15 C Cam Jurgens

6.5 OT Nicholas Petit-Frere

6.4  TE Cade Otton

7.13  CB Jalyn Armour Davis

@rackcs

Probably my favorite draft class overall. You got a lot of really talented players and often at good value too. I was pretty surprised you went with Hamilton because I know you're big on positional value and stuff but he's obviously an excellent player. Karlaftis and Hall will both add different things to your DL. What I really liked was everything from Raimann to Otton. I think you got 3 really good OL at good value on all three picks. Jurgens in particular is someone I would've targeted earlier if he'd fit my OL. Otton was a guy I was considering in the 5th round when I picked Dulcich. NPF was someone I was targeting for the mid rounds before I ended up with Neal and Penning. You got a lot of guys I really like in this class and I think you'll have a solid +/- when all is said and done.

Grade: A+

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

2022 Cuba Draft Class

2.1: Charles Cross, T, Mississippi
4.8: Jelani Woods, TE, Virginia
5.14: Alec Lindstrom, C, Boston College
6.12: Alontae Taylor, CB, Tennessee
7.1: Cole Strange, G, Chattanooga
7.6: Coby Bryant, CB, Cincinnati
7.8: Channing Tindall, LB, Georgia

@rackcs

This was honestly probably one of my least favorite drafts. I'm not as high on Cross as others although I think factoring in where you got him and that you were able to trade back, it was certainly a good move and doesn't weigh down your grade at all. The 4th through 6th rounds were rough though. Woods I like well enough but 4.8 was a big reach with I believe every TE still available outside of McBride. Lindstrom and Taylor I think were reaches as well and I think Taylor more likely ends up at safety in the pros. So I liked your Cross pick and really didn't like your middle rounds. Your 7th round really saves things though because I think you got 3 good players there who will likely go before their draft slots here. Especially Strange, who should have been mine except I got stingy. 

Grade: C+

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Almost every "expert" draft scout I've seen on him says the same that I've said:

1. Slight frame

2. Overt disinterest in blocking

3. Body catching

4. He breaks off routes and needs to work on more polish

As for what Hartline said, he's absolutely taking the high road here. They spent so much time working on it because it was a major struggle of his grasping the complex route tree that, quite frankly, wasn't utilized in Alabama's system that schemed him open in space, and he was behind 3 other guys on the roster in that department.

Who knows? Perhaps the other 3 dudes at OSU are just that good and he's a victim of circumstance(s) and opportunities like Barry Sanders was behind Thurman Thomas up until his last year at Ok State...or perhaps he was buried behind those guys for a reason...and perhaps he will still overcome those concerns.

3 was the one that pushed him behind Drake, Garrett, and Olave for me.  He uses his wrists a lot to try and pin the ball to his body.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Raleigh Draft Class

1.11- Jermaine Johnson EDGE FSU

3.12- Quay Walker LB Georgia

5.4- Cameron Thomas EDGE San Diego State

6.6- David Bell WR Purdue

7.13- Justyn Ross WR Clemson

@rackcs

I think you did fine with limited draft capital. Johnson at 11 is a solid pick, especially with all the rumors today that the Jets potentially like him at 4. Walker is a guy that I'm very slightly lower on than most but I think 3.12 was a good spot for him. Thomas was good value, I think he's slipped a little in the eyes of the draft community but I think he'll be good. Not a huge fan of the Bell and Ross picks but they aren't terrible. Bell in particular though I probably would've waited for PFA on. Overall it was a solid if unspectacular class.

Grade: B-

@rackcs roast grade our draft, I might be missing someone:

1.1 KT DE Oregon

2.4 Zion Johnson OG BC

2.6 Chris Olave WR OSU

3.3 Travis Jones INT UConn

3.5 Jalen Pitre CB/S Baylor

5.13 Zyon McCollum CB Sam Houston

6.14 Velus Jones Jr. WR Tennessee

7.3 Charlie Kolar TE Iowa State

I can tell you who my least favorite pick was after you weigh in. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

3 was the one that pushed him behind Drake, Garrett, and Olave for me.  He uses his wrists a lot to try and pin the ball to his body.

Dude you thought Kadarius, Justin Hunter and others were gonna be good receivers... 

• Like 1

How connected are your WF guys? Wouldn’t mind either option I suppose.

Another second-hand rumor going around with team sources is that both the Philadelphia Eagles and Baltimore Ravens covet Georgia nose tackle Jordan Davis. The Ravens hold the 14th pick, and the Eagles are one behind them at No. 15, so if Philadelphia wants to ensure it can land Davis, the organization may have to a short trade up like it did last year for DeVonta Smith.

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

@rackcs roast grade our draft, I might be missing someone:

1.1 KT DE Oregon

2.4 Zion Johnson OG BC

2.6 Chris Olave WR OSU

3.3 Travis Jones INT UConn

3.5 Jalen Pitre CB/S Baylor

5.13 Zyon McCollum CB Sam Houston

6.14 Velus Jones Jr. WR Tennessee

7.3 Charlie Kolar TE Iowa State

I can tell you who my least favorite pick was after you weigh in. 

Like I was saying earlier, I think most of your guys, especially the early ones went in about the right range, maybe slightly early but I think it's fine. Thibodeaux obviously very good and I'm a fan of Johnson and Olave and what they can do for your offense as likely plug and play guys. Jones I've liked a lot and might have taken at 3.6 so that was a good pick for sure. Pitre is an interesting one, I think he's a guy that you love him or hate him and he's going to have to play a very specific role in the pros as like a slot defender type. You're definitely a team though that I think is a good landing spot for him though with your defensive game planning. I like McCollum's upside even though that's basically all he is right now. Jones and Kolar I'm pretty whatever on but they're end of the draft picks so it's fine. In the end I think you drafted 4 guys who could potentially start/play a heavy role from day 1 so that's always a good thing to come out of the draft with.

Grade: B+

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Your WF guys are assassinating characters left and right. They getting paid for this?

Kayvon, Jermaine, Hamilton...

They're just hacks. Charlie less so because I think he at least kind of knows what he's talking about in terms of scouting and stuff but I certainly wouldn't trust either of them for any sort of official source kind of stuff.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

How connected are your WF guys? Wouldn’t mind either option I suppose.

Another second-hand rumor going around with team sources is that both the Philadelphia Eagles and Baltimore Ravens covet Georgia nose tackle Jordan Davis. The Ravens hold the 14th pick, and the Eagles are one behind them at No. 15, so if Philadelphia wants to ensure it can land Davis, the organization may have to a short trade up like it did last year for DeVonta Smith.

Walt lives in the philly area and Charlie is pretty in with the florida teams.  They'll get fed smokescreens like everyone else of course

• Like 1

I still haven’t talked at length about our class yet. But I’m happy with the incoming group.

4 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I'm not anti-Cross, I'm just...he's fine? I think he'll be ok but nothing really special is all. And I'm not sure I'd trust him to start day 1 either.

He’s been my favorite OT in this class for a while now. I’ve seen some Andre Dillard comps and they are accurate from a HWS standpoint. I loved Dillard too but the SEC level of play and Cross’ physical manner on field appealed to me. I think he’s got tangible upside.