2022 draft prospects general discussion

AZBearsFan

6 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Nagy started out as a good coach? Seriously bro? Mel Tucker, Trestman...are you serious? There are tons of bad coaches. We talk about this all the time.

So those guys didn't have success before coming to the Bears?

Just now, Madmike90 said:

But that's not what you said...

And I don't disagree with you that both player at their best all of those replacements are a downgrade...but we never had any of those players even close to their best...I don't even believe two of them ever will get back to their best due to injuries.

So beyond the wording.

You agree that the Bears are less talented right now... so what makes you think they care that much about what happens on the field this year?

If anything the moves they have made, or lack of moves, should tell you they are more concerned with 2023.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

But your losing a quality starter to achieve that...trading down and getting more picks 100%...but what your saying there is addition by subtraction.

I am saying that there is long term addition for short term subtraction... which is pretty much everything they have done this offseason.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

We are relying on Poles to draft a bunch of starters... if you have that level of faith in him then handing him another 3rd round pick makes sense.

What’s the least you’d accept for Quinn today? I know you’d take a late 3, but what if the compensation is like a middle 5 plus a late 2023 pick? Is there a bottom threshold for you where you’d rather we just keep him at least into the season to see if we can do better in November if we’re out of it then? 

Just now, WindyCity said:

So beyond the wording.

You agree that the Bears are less talented right now... so what makes you think they care that much about what happens on the field this year?

If anything the moves they have made, or lack of moves, should tell you they are more concerned with 2023.

Not beyond the wording at all man...you said those guys were some of our best players last year...factually wrong...

And because people have jobs in the NFL...from the top to the bottom of an organisation people care about winning...it is insane to think other wise.

Just now, AZBearsFan said:

What’s the least you’d accept for Quinn today? I know you’d take a late 3, but what if the compensation is like a middle 5 plus a late 2023 pick? Is there a bottom threshold for you where you’d rather we just keep him at least into the season to see if we can do better in November if we’re out of it then? 

I would want a day 2 pick. If they traded him to say the Ravens for 2 high 4ths... that would be a golf clap move for me.

My concern with waiting to November is if he is injured, which is a serious concern with him, or he is having a down year then he is worthless.

Just now, Madmike90 said:

Not beyond the wording at all man...you said those guys were some of our best players last year...factually wrong...

And because people have jobs in the NFL...from the top to the bottom of an organisation people care about winning...it is insane to think other wise.

If you look at these moves and think they are more concerned with 2022 than 2023 I do not know what to tell you.

5 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

So those guys didn't have success before coming to the Bears?

Where were they successful head coaches at? Where have they been successful head coaches at since? And I mean in the NFL and not some high school program.

Edited by Bigbear72

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I am saying that there is long term addition for short term subtraction... which is pretty much everything they have done this offseason.

But again how much more can you subtract before you put yourself in a hole where there is no possible way of competing?  No one will accept just blowing things up for a year and not being competitive.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

I would want a day 2 pick. If they traded him to say the Ravens for 2 high 4ths... that would be a golf clap move for me.

My concern with waiting to November is if he is injured, which is a serious concern with him, or he is having a down year then he is worthless.

Agreed about the risk of waiting until later, but you didn’t answer my question. What’s the lowest compensation you’d accept today to move him today? At some point the risk/reward of seeing if you can get more later has to outweigh a paltry present day return.