2022 draft prospects general discussion

AZBearsFan

Just now, Madmike90 said:

But again how much more can you subtract before you put yourself in a hole where there is no possible way of competing?  No one will accept just blowing things up for a year and not being competitive.

Do you really think that Robert Quinn is the difference between 7 wins and 3 wins?

1 minute ago, Bigbear72 said:

Where were they successful head coaches at? Where have they been successful head coaches at since. And I mean in the NFL and not some high school program.

Yes they weren't successful head coaches because they were always in the middle of a rebuild...that's my point.

Just now, AZBearsFan said:

Agreed about the risk of waiting until later, but you didn’t answer my question. What’s the lowest compensation you’d accept today to move him today? At some point the risk/reward of seeing if you can get more later has to outweigh a paltry present day return. 

I said a 3rd round pick would be the lowest I would accept.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

Do you really think that Robert Quinn is the difference between 7 wins and 3 wins?

Do I think a quality pass rusher who helps the rest of the guys around him in a defensive scheme that demands pass rush could be worth 4 more wins...yes.

Yes they weren't successful head coaches because they were always in the middle of a rebuild...that's my point.

So there haven't been successful coaches that were in the middle of a rebuild? Is that what you are trying say? Then why bother with coaches. Just get old veterans to run the team. This is genius!

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

TBF they tried to do it by signing Ogunjobi thinking he had elite potential in our scheme and you weren’t at all a fan of that. 

Adding a high priced, injured, solid player is not really what I think we should have bene focusing on.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

Do I think a quality pass rusher who helps the rest of the guys around him in a defensive scheme that demands pass rush could be worth 4 more wins...yes.

That is crazy. The only players that swing seasons that much are QBs.

• Like 1

Just now, Bigbear72 said:

So there haven't been successful coaches that were in the middle of a rebuild? Is that what you are trying say? Then why bother with coaches. Just get old veterans to run the team. This is genius!

No I am saying that teams who consistently are rebuilding are never having success...like the Jags & Lions...I can't make that statement any simpler.

Just now, WindyCity said:

That is crazy. The only players that swing seasons that much are QBs.

So if we have a D that with a pass rush holds a team to say under 16 points a game you don't think that will help with winning football games? Okay then.

No I am saying that teams who consistently are rebuilding are never having success...like the Jags & Lions...I can't make that statement any simpler.

What about the Browns and Bengals?

Those teams that are consistently rebuilding are doing so because they hire stupid people and do not have QBs. It has nothing to do with choice.

Just now, WindyCity said:

We are. We are keeping the young ones that have a future with the team and we are trying to turn the older ones into the resources to get more of those young ones.

How many of those guys do we have that would realistically be traded?

So if we have a D that with a pass rush holds a team to say under 16 points a game you don't think that will help with winning football games? Okay then.

Sure, it will help winning some games, but no one player swings a season 4 games unless they play QB.

This defense is going to be mediocre with Robert Quinn and will be slightly more mediocre without it.