2022 draft prospects general discussion

AZBearsFan

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

No I am saying that teams who consistently are rebuilding are never having success...like the Jags & Lions...I can't make that statement any simpler.

And I'm saying that teams that consistently rebuild are never good because it is the wrong people in place doing the rebuild.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

I said a 3rd round pick would be the lowest I would accept.

You didn’t. You said “I would want a day 2 pick,” but then immediately followed that saying you’d accept two day 3 picks if they were high enough. But one of those is the line then? So if the offer was a 5 and a conditional 2023 pick you’d rather sit on Quinn until the deadline? Am I understanding you right? Just trying to be clear on where your line in the sand is. 

• Like 1

Just now, Madmike90 said:

How many of those guys do we have that would realistically be traded?

None, you do not trade the young ones. You trade the old ones who are not going to offer you anything long term. We aren't talking about fire selling the team... we are talking about trading an aging player who is unlikely to repeat his success from last season.

Short term pain, for long term gain. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

What about the Browns and Bengals?

Those teams that are consistently rebuilding are doing so because they hire stupid people and do not have QBs. It has nothing to do with choice.

The Browns still suck dude...even with all that talent that they will lose next year with Watson's contract kicking in...

And the Bengles had Marv Lewis for 15 years...how is that constantly changing coaches and rebuilding?

Just now, AZBearsFan said:

You didn’t. You said “I would want a day 2 pick,” but then immediately followed that saying you’d accept two day 3 picks if they were high enough. But one of those is the line then? So if the offer was a 5 and a conditional 2023 pick you’d rather sit on Quinn until the deadline? Am I understanding you right? Just trying to be clear on where your line in the sand is. 

Any Day 2 pick and I would move him.

I would listen if the Ravens called with 110 and 119.

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Sure, it will help winning some games, but no one player swings a season 4 games unless they play QB.

This defense is going to be mediocre with Robert Quinn and will be slightly more mediocre without it.

Well there you are then.

5 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Adding a high priced, injured, solid player is not really what I think we should have bene focusing on.

But you agree they were trying to add the very piece you’re saying they should be trying to add, no? Just not the way you’d do it? Got it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

And I'm saying that teams that consistently rebuild are never good because it is the wrong people in place doing the rebuild.

Or could it be that these coaches come from usually stable situation on smart franchises who don't just trade everyone away ever few years like they are playing Madden.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

The Browns still suck dude...even with all that talent that they will lose next year with Watson's contract kicking in...

And the Bengles had Marv Lewis for 15 years...how is that constantly changing coaches and rebuilding?

The Browns and Bengals were bad and are no longer bad. You act like it is impossible to climb out of being bad or having a bad season... it isn't

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

None, you do not trade the young ones. You trade the old ones who are not going to offer you anything long term. We aren't talking about fire selling the team... we are talking about trading an aging player who is unlikely to repeat his success from last season.

Short term pain, for long term gain. 

This is such a misunderstood approach...trying telling that to people who's jobs are on the line.

Just now, Madmike90 said:

Or could it be that these coaches come from usually stable situation on smart franchises who don't just trade everyone away ever few years like they are playing Madden.

You know, sometimes when you think everyone else is wrong and you are the only one that is right there may be something else to it. Not saying. Just saying.

• Like 1

Just now, WindyCity said:

The Browns and Bengals were bad and are no longer bad. You act like it is impossible to climb out of being bad or having a bad season... it isn't

The Browns are still bad...

And the Bengals will regress this year like the Eagles did after winning a SB...not down to Joe...but that D is heading backwards.