Rumor: Colbert stepping down after draft

warfelg

17 minutes ago, AFF said:

Hasn’t this been happening recently?....GMs stepping down after the draft?

Maybe something related to not trying to shift philosophies so close to the draft...IDK.

Yes, but prepare for bananas Steelers fans thinking we are the exception. 

Large amounts of the scouting and planning are already complete. Teams don’t wait for the completion of the NFL season to start scouting, so this is as normal a process for a GM in good standing as there could be. 

Continuity of the plan and scouting will remain, rather than shoving a wrench in 50-75% of the way in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AFF said:

Hasn’t this been happening recently?....GMs stepping down after the draft?

Maybe something related to not trying to shift philosophies so close to the draft...IDK.

It is the end of a cycle so they can replace GM and scouts with little impact.  The Steelers REALLY REALLY need to upgrade their scouting department.

2 minutes ago, jebrick said:

It is the end of a cycle so they can replace GM and scouts with little impact.  The Steelers REALLY REALLY need to upgrade their scouting department.

I’m assuming Khan or Brandon Hunt are getting the job.

Im also aware they have the smallest scouting department in the NFL.

6 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I doubt it will be Khan but I am open to surprises.  Khan has never struck me as a person that knows how to judge players.  He is a finance guy.  Very valuable but not a GM.  I could totally be wrong.  Just my impression.

The rumor long has been other teams want him but he’s been holding out. If they do promote from within and it is Khan/Hunt, I’d like to see them running FA/Draft and Colbert more advising. (This is basically what Baltimore did with Newsome. DeCosta effectively made all the decisions with Newsome oversaw him)

If you are going on house and there won’t be plans to make overhauls to the scouting department this makes more sense. 

Edited by warfelg

3 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I think other teams interview him to satisfy the Rooney Rule.  I think recently, he is turning down interviews because of that

even if he did turn it down because of that there’s been a few attractive positions out there