A New Era: Zimmer and Spielman both fired on Black Monday

vike daddy

3 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

would be quite a coup for the Wilfs to hire the first female NFL GM, given she's qualified and could help the team the best.

Did she have anything to do with the Wentz trade?  The eagles know how to sell high on quarterbacks

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Did she have anything to do with the Wentz trade?  The eagles know how to sell high on quarterbacks

Catherine Raiche currently serves as the Eagles' vice president of football operations, one of the top personnel positions under GM Howie Roseman. She was promoted to the post prior to the 2021 season after two years as a player personnel coordinator. Before joining the Eagles, Raiche spent five years in the Canadian Football League, including two as the Toronto Argonauts' director of football administration and one as the Montreal Alouettes' assistant GM.

At 33, she'd become the youngest active NFL GM, if hired, just behind the Browns' Andrew Berry (34), another product of the Eagles' front office. She'd also become just the second woman to hold a GM post in league history after Susan Tose Spencer, daughter of former Eagles owner Leonard Tose, served as Philadelphia's acting GM from 1982-1985.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/vikings-request-to-interview-eagles-catherine-raiche-first-known-female-gm-candidate-per-reports/?fbclid=IwAR0mlUzmtZACTHYvZRGFtTPXeA5PfVtAX4IwCpLLCUrSWAyQT4csvig60y0

In addition to Raiche, the Vikings have also requested to interview Brandon Brown, the Eagles' current director of player personnel. Previously the team's director of pro scouting (2019-2020), he's spent five seasons in Philadelphia. Before joining the Eagles, he spent two years as part of the Colts' scouting department.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/vikings-request-to-interview-eagles-catherine-raiche-first-known-female-gm-candidate-per-reports/?fbclid=IwAR0mlUzmtZACTHYvZRGFtTPXeA5PfVtAX4IwCpLLCUrSWAyQT4csvig60y0

11 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

What is everyone thinking regarding timeline for hire? Wasn't Paton hired by Broncos 10-days after the season ended last year? 

I'm hoping to have someone in place by next Friday, 1/21, if not sooner.

I would rather have them take their time and be right rather than rush it. Either way the GM at the end of the day, is going to make or break this team for the next decade. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I would rather have them take their time and be right rather than rush it. Either way the GM at the end of the day, is going to make or break this team for the next decade. 

yes, and always we're seeing hints that coach and possibly GM candidates see the Viking opportunity as a plum one, so might be willing to wait a bit for us also.

nice situation for us to find ourselves in.

28 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

There's rushing it and then there is dragging it out. I would agree that I'd rather them take their time. 

38 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

yes, and always we're seeing hints that coach and possibly GM candidates see the Viking opportunity as a plum one, so might be willing to wait a bit for us also.

nice situation for us to find ourselves in.

The timing of us needing a new top executive and head coach does seem to be ideal.  Big cap decisions to be made, big decisions to be mad with Cousins, while still having pieces that make the job attractive.

I'm geeked for this years draft.

• Like 3